New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Favors

I was reading something yesterday and it mentioned favors for your guests at the rehearsal dinner, I wasn't planning on doing this. Is it custom to have favors at the rehearsal dinner?

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Tracker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen favors at a rehearsal dinner, and I've been to 5. I don't plan on having any at mine either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen then and I won't be doing it (it just seems like another unnecessary expense to me).
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK glad to hear, it was an oriental trading catalogue that mentioned this I was panicking thinking I needed to spend more money LOL
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my cousin gave everyone a cute mini frame with a picture in it from her engagement session, but her budget was huge (like over 100K). That was the ONLY time I've ever gotten a favor at a rehearsal dinner. I think think its over kill and just another thing to worry about. My vote is forget it : )
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oriental Trading just wants you to buy more of their stuff. Don't worry about it.

The closest thing we did to a RD favor was to allow people to bring some of the dessert cupcakes home, if they didn't want to eat it at the restaurant. But they were purchased as dessert, not specifically something to take home, so I wouldn't consider it a favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeh no. That's usually when you give out your gifts anyways
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nope...waste of money. Nobody wants a mini frame, or some other stupid trinket, anyways.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not planning on doing favors for the RD. It seems so unnecessary and I have never seen it done. However, I am planning to give the bridal party their gifts during the RD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards