New Jersey
Options

I know I have been MIA.....

.....but sh!t is crazy!

Okay first I am going to address some things I missed and then I will fill you in on whats been going on.

Emily: You are too sweet!  I know that you had a lot of issues with them, and I feel bad.  Because honestly they have been pretty great with everything.  I will crack up laughing if that ATV comes rolling by, I may even have to flag him down and tell him to chill for a minute...haha  But I appreciate your protection.

Sherri:  I am totally passing the message off to my Dad, he will get a kick out of that fact that he created a buzz on TK.  Thanks :)

Allie: Dad has got those Napkins covered! lol 

Thank you girls for your concern it is very sweet.

Okay now onto the insanity that is my wedding.
The bust of my dress needs to be reconstructed and I can't pick it up until the day before the wedding.  I had to go to the tux place and fix the tuxs, they had the wrong things down for a bunch of people.  Then I almost didn't get my marriage license, fix that.  The Wine for the wedding was not good and needed to be upgraded, who knew wine could be a 2.5 day ordeal????  Ocean Place Spa does not do Mani & Pedi, so now I have to get them done 2 days before the wedding and I know it won't last, so touch up nail polish it is.  I was planning on getting a massage to relax the day before the wedding but now because of my dress, no relaxing for this Bride.  Well those are the major things, everything else was small stuff that I won't bore you with.

But I just wanted to explain my absent-ness. Thanks again girls your all too Sweet!

Re: I know I have been MIA.....

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    sounds like you have been busy.

BTW--I got a mani and pedi two days before my wedding and it last fine!
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:316ed7a2-87fa-4a55-97fb-d3c9c2ecb740Post:b6eb8e8b-2788-43e7-ba67-be654d37db81">Re: I know I have been MIA.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]sounds like you have been busy. BTW--I got a mani and pedi two days before my wedding and it last fine!
    Posted by goaliegirl[/QUOTE]

<div>The Pedicure will but for some reason my nails just won't hold nail polish, its like a one day thing for me, I never understood why but it didn't matter where I went or what they used, my nails just chip.  Not that big of a deal, just annoying.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have a lot going one! I too got a mani/pedi two days before and was fine. We had a blizzard right before we got married and had to do a few things in advance!
  • Options
    berbmberbm member
    edited December 2011
    You could try the OPI gel manicure.  I understand it actually lasts, for real.  Good luck with all that is going on.  I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:316ed7a2-87fa-4a55-97fb-d3c9c2ecb740Post:9b0fa4e5-f9eb-48cf-b6e8-442698545372">Re: I know I have been MIA.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could try the OPI gel manicure.  I understand it actually lasts, for real.  Good luck with all that is going on.  I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
    Posted by berbm@optonline.net[/QUOTE]

This

I'm so sorry about your dress and the marriage license! OMG I'm glad all is fixed, I hope you pick up your dress early, it's perfect and you have time for a massage.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never get my fingers polished because I nick them right away.  The last time I got them polished was when I got married -- and I messed them up three times while they were in the dryer at the salon! 

Have you thought about just getting them buffed?  It lasts, can't chip, and looks like clear polish for the first few days.  As long as your fingers look clean and well-shaped, no-one will notice what color they are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eek! But, I know you will be fine through it all. You will have a great day regardless!

As far as the massage the day before- I know I'm always really, really sore the day after a massage so I knew that was the last thing I wanted the day before my wedding. Just something to think about if you get sore as well.

Which one of your dresses? If anything goes wrong, at least you have a backup (and if I remember, a backup to your backup. Didn't you buy 3? haha). Maybe your FI wanting you to have a different ceremony/reception dress was a good idea after all!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Hey! I can recommend you a great nail place in West Long Branch if you need it! I got the opi gel  done and it lasted seriously over a week into my honeymoon :D 

Honestly, I am constantly wishing the best and already let to OP know about the ATV situation because the thought that went through my head was - ok it already happened to me, I do NOT want it happening to Felicia!!   Although it was hilarious in some aspects, it wasn't appreciated at the moment haha.

Anyways, you don't have to explain being MIA ...these last weeks are always crazy. I did not do much sleeping the few days leading up to the wedding :) But you're almost there!!! yipppeee!! Schedule that massage for the day after girlfriend ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want to do that OPI because I know it will chip off at some point during my 2 week honeymoon and that will drive me crazy....haha I hate nails!  But thanks for the rec, I know it will be fine.  

Kathy- Thanks for the good thoughts, I know I need them

Uppereast- hahahaha I literally laughed out loud, I never thought about getting them buffed, that is interesting, I may look into that.  Thank you

Allie- Massages only hurt when I get deep tissue, otherwise I am loosy goosy...haha
    Again I literally laughed out loud, I guess my FH did a good thing by being a pain in the ass...haha.  And Yup I have three, well now actually 4!  Thats right, I got another dress for the after party, at least this one was just a little cheap cocktail dress.

Emily- Again you are too sweet for thinking of me.  I am going to email you in a little bit.  
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My last OPI manicure lasted almost 3 weeks.  I doesn't really chip, just grows out a bit toward the end so there is a little space between your cuticle and the polish color. Mine even lasted when I did a weekend of yard work, including planting flowers with no gloves on. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:316ed7a2-87fa-4a55-97fb-d3c9c2ecb740Post:6cb5f87f-5fe8-432e-9081-ae5ecce94e6d">Re: I know I have been MIA.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My last OPI manicure lasted almost 3 weeks.  I doesn't really chip, just grows out a bit toward the end so there is a little space between your cuticle and the polish color. Mine even lasted when I did a weekend of yard work, including planting flowers with no gloves on. :)
    Posted by jchristel[/QUOTE]
     <div>Wow, I can't believe it lasted that long.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow hectic times but you are almost there and then can relax and enjoy!!!! I am sure it will all come together.
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards