New Jersey
Options

The no sex rule

Since it's friday, time for some fun. Haha. A long long time ago, when my FI and I first got engaged (almost 2 yrs ago) we chatted about the mth prior to getting married not having any bedroom time haha.  We've lived together for like 3 years, so I think we came up with this idea figuring, it would be exciting on wedding night when we got to jump into bed again.
Now that the time is nearing - we're actually chatting about the feasibility of this.  Is anyone else doing something like this? If you live with your partner, what are you doing to make wedding night and honeymoon special? :)

Re: The no sex rule

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm maybe the night before or the week? I don't see a whole month happening lol...The last couple week might become stressful and this activity relives stress so why skip it?
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard that Beyonce and Jay Z did this before their wedding- haha. And it made their wedding night more special. But I think they only abstained for 2 weeks or something.

My friend "tried" to, but it didn't work. They started a month in advance and got 10 days in and submitted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing this-- and we're doing 2 months!

We're more than halfway through right now. It's definitely challenging.... and while there are certainly moments of weakness (like when FI returned last night from a 5-day business trip), I think we're both glad that we're doing this. Makes us anticipate the wedding day all the more. 22 days! =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of this... but I think a week would suffice. A month would be wayyy too long and I'd assume it would be over with very quickly waiting that long ;-)
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I like the varied opinions. Hehe. I know - I'm kinda thinking 2 weeks now? But going a month is like going the distance! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen- 2 months? props to you.

ECG- I think 2 weeks is plenty. And if you think about it, with everything going on in the last week/2 weeks there probably won't be much time to anyways haha.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011

we didn't do anything to make the wedding night or honeymoon "special" in terms of sex. Well, I brought some lingerie on the honeymoon, but that's about it.  I personally don't see the need to make it "special". It's just sex.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Chelsea....why the pressure of making it "special"?
    If you think about it, this is something that is always done throughout your relationship. You try to come up with different things, you know variety, lol.

Tell me which guy is really going to go on 2 months without it? Their hands wouldnt let them, LMAO
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i dont see the point....

• Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see the point.  Your wedding night and honeymoon will be special b/c it's your wedding and honeymoon.  IMO, sex has nothing to do with making it "special".
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't really see how not having sex for a period of time makes having sex on your wedding night special, but that is just me.  For those of you doing this, I give you props because not sure we could pull that off.  IT will be special all on its own, it is the first night you will have sex as Husband and Wife.  

hahah I love the "their hands won't let them" comment!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't a week before the wedding, because he was at our apartment and I was in NJ at my parents' taking care of last-minute stuff.  I don't think you have to hold off much to make the wedding night special -- it is your wedding night!

• Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have that kind of willpower, and I would kill FI if he tried something like that. Yes, we'll spend the night before apart, and the few days before might be too hectic, but anything longer than that? Oh, heeeeeeeeellllll no.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmmm--- but isn't it special enough that it is your wedding night and honeymoon with your new H?  Don't get me wrong- FI is my one and only so I don't subscribe to the belief that it is "just sex"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what does him being your one and only have to do with sex? I mean, if you've done it before, what's the big deal in holding out a month so it's special?!  You're not going to be a virgin all over again.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    re-read- i think you misunderstood what I said.   I was saying that I don't see the point in doing this either since it is special no matter what.  I was simply saying that for me it's not about the fact that it is "just sex"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definitely misunderstood....haha...sorry
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I thought about this and kept changing the time frame to make it shorter... did not happen!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards