New Jersey
Options

Music - Small Bands?

We've just settled on our venue, so now on to music! A live band would really best fit the theme of our wedding, which is drawing on the 1930's/early '40s, but our venue can't hold more than 5 musicians (and even that will be tight). We're looking for someone who can play period-appropriate music (jazz and "standards"), and hopefully some classic-to-modern rock as the evening progresses, but I know that might be asking too much. Any recommendations for small bands?

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Music - Small Bands?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If it is that tight you are probably better off with a dj.
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try the gigmasters site.  I found my classical trio there for reception/cocktail hour music and was able to search for exactly what I was looking for.  I checked for you and they do have listings for Jazz Trios, Duos, etc.  Good luck!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Manhattan Rhapsody.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding recently that had a small group that played big band sinatra type tunes and sounded awesome.

they had a drummer, piano (keyboard), singer, upright bass, and sax/trumpet
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    noonescookienoonescookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jchristel - Thanks! Gigmasters is an awesome resource!

USER876 - Do you know the name of the band?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the site.  I what I was looking for out there and got about 10 bids.  It's a great way to narrow down vendors based on pricing and availability without having to make a million calls!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Soul Revival for our wedding last month, and I know they offer small bands.   www.soulrevivalband.com   HTH 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards