New Jersey
Options

Do I need a professional to do my makeup

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married Nov 6th 2010 and I was wondering if it's ok to do my own makeup? Most of the girls I have to talked to that recently got married had their makeup done.

Re: Do I need a professional to do my makeup

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey, if your good at mixing and meshing colors (mainly eye shadow) go for it. It'll save you money.

I'm getting my make-up done by someone because its my choice and i wouldn't be able to do what she did with my eyes and putting fake eye lashes on and all that.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a personal decision and depends on the person. Do you do your makeup often and are you happy with doing it yourself the day of the wedding? Do you have the money to spend on a makeup artist? How do you want to look on your wedding day? I think those questions will help you determine if you should hire someone or do it yourself.

I personally wear very little makeup and am not so hot at doing anything more than some basic basic makeup and I want it to look great the day of so I'm hiring a professional.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hmm good question. I just like how I do my makeup so I am a little leery about getting someone to do it. I have heard it can be kind of costly too.

Thanks for the advice.

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how I do my makeup. It always looks nice imo, however, I notice it doesnt stay on more than an hr or 2. I want mine looking fresh until the ball drops at midnight. Thats something else to consider.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah I was thinking that too. Mine doesn't stay on too long either.

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it is well worth the cost.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was definitely well worth the cost, no matter how I do my makeup or what brand I use it could have never stayed the way it did the day of my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely be getting my makeup done professionally, but how does it manage to stay on all day?  Is their makeup just better? Haha this is something I've been thinking about lately becuase I definitely tend to have to reapply makeup throughout the day on a daily basis and was wondering how it would be any different on my wedding day...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is absolutely worth the price.  You'll have a trial and then you won't have to worry day of.  I like the way I do my make-up, but it was great to relax and have someone come to me and take care of it.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely needed a pro -- I'm clueless about makeup!

If you aren't sure, maybe go to Sephora and have them do a makeover on you?  That way you can see what a pro can do and figure out if it is something that is different enough from your everyday look to make it worthwhile. 

It really doesn't cost much to get it done though, in the scheme of a wedding budget.  If you're looking to keep costs down, you might be better off cutting in a different area of your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired a professional because my makeup stays on for 1 hour tops, the professionals apply special creams and things to make it last and they know what they're doing. I am also paying a bit extra to have my makeup girl stay with me throughout the entire ceremony/reception. It's going to be August, outdoor ceremony and pictures so I might need a touch up. It's totally worth it to me.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your face is the one thing everyone will see and take pictures of all day. It is what you will notice in your album and video. I have seen many who do it themself each day at work and the foundation looks like a colored mask. It is one of very few extras I am going with. No limo for me, but I will get my makeup done for sure.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did my own makeup, stayed on all day. It depends on what you use. I would not have a professional do my makeup lol. I know how I like my makeup to look. Getting it done would make me uncomfortable. I even did try to have trials with makeup artists too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the info :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards