New Jersey
Options

Alterations?

Hi Everyone,

I just ordered my dress and they said the alterations will start at $375. I thought that was really expensive... or is this normal? My Maggie dress was only $800 and I don't dont really want to pay 1/3 of the price I paid for the gown just for alterations. I have a slim/slender body type (size 2-4) and usually don't need much in alterations besides cups lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to other seamstresses/ alteration locations that do good work? Or should I stick with where I got my dress?

Thanks!
Dina

Re: Alterations?

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located? I have someone in Bergen County but it would help the ladies if you could tell us where you are located. Is the $375 a flat rate no matter what they do?
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    That sounds very high. I know Hollywood Bridal does outside alterations and they are great.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smw42- do u know what Hollywood charges for outside alterations on bridal gowns? My girls got their BM dresses there but I got my dress elsewhere. I already know the alterations are going to be ridiculous where I got mine so I wanted to get an idea about Hollywood...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered my Maggie gown from Patrice bridals in Hazlet for $1068 and when we asked about how much alterations would probably cost the lady there said probably around $150. I probably wont need much altered either, maybe just taken in a little, cups put in and the length shortened and maybe a sweetheart neckline if they can do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    They only told me for BM bc I bought my bridal elsewhere and they included the alterations. For bridesmaid they said it's typically $40-65 for a hem and a little taking in. I'm not sure about bridal but you could defintiely call, the seamstress is always there and she's really nice. I'm bringing a Priscilla of Boston BM dress there for another wedding I'm in to be altered.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to Jefre Bridals in Green Brook, they only charge $25-$40 for alterations on hem.  I'm getting alterations done there for a wedding I'm in July 2010.
  • Options
    dinalapelosadinalapelosa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry! I should have said where I was located. I live in East Brunswick.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In north brunswick is a private seamstress that I used.  She was great and really fair in price.  Email me if you are interested in her info.

moscatelloc @hotmail
    imageimage
  • Options
    dinalapelosadinalapelosa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They said alterations start at $375 so I'm assuming I would have to pay at least that amount for them to start alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards