New Jersey
Options

Just a quick?

Why has this board become so lame??? I used to frequent here daily, back then you were allowed to b*tch slap the sh*t out of anyone you pleased. Posts were not deleted, especially the juicy ones. Newbies, well they were boring just as they are now. What happened ladies??? Where's the drama, the honesty? Jaime.. girl what's the deal? You used to join in? Now all the sudden your the ruler of all things k(not) fun? Liven up ladies. Take your puppies and rainbows and stick them up your tiara ;) Grow some big bride balls and take it like a lady. Ok that's all... thanks for listening.

Sincerely,
Knottie who used to enjoy the board :)

Re: Just a quick?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Ditto and triple ditto...Deleting used to be "dirty" now its accepted by mod (I refuse to make that plural) but now the old knotties that can make the board fun are getting deleted but AE's that call people _bitches_aren't.

Jaime if your reading this, did you create the AE below to just bitch_out people, because you know you don't have to do that, you can just email me what you want to say and I'll post it as me, like we used to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah!  Nicole ;)  Your leaving the boards was around the beginning of the end!  We were all going to storm the aquarium after pina colada's.  What happened! ?  LOL
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great!  I love it! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I left cause it blows lol No other dramatic excuse lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...And this is the reason you left...It really is about this dead during the week too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to agree with everything that is said in this entire post :)  I miss those entertaining mights when my husband had to give me an ultimatem (sp?) "dana - me or the knot...let's go to bed"
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The reason it's slow here is not my fault at all! It's slow because of the changes, and the usage/reloading was slow for a while there. I haven't deleted any "entertaining" posts. I've asked Cheryl many times to back-down off individuals and that whole crazy4you thing went a little too far after 3 days of the same discussion. I mean how long can we really talk about whether this girl should follow her FI to AC/LV or not?

Dana - I'm all for you starting up some entertainment at night! I miss me some twatwaffles and swanage. Where's Kathy been? There was a twatwaffle post the other day - and if I'm deleting all the good posts, why didn't I delete that one? I mean seriously.

Cheryl which AE is mine? I mean you act like we were BFFs or something and you were secretly letting me unleash some snark! Since when did I start coming here to be snarky to anyone? You don't know me AT ALL especially if you think that's my idea of fun. Here I was thinking I was seeking wedding advice from a wedding board. lol. Silly me! I'm a secret snark!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_just-quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:370e6060-db67-48d4-84a1-2cd8c357ad89Post:06fbc4c5-283c-4687-b6ee-8b71542f1cc2">Re: Just a quick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The reason it's slow here is not my fault at all! It's slow because of the changes, and the usage/reloading was slow for a while there. I haven't deleted any "entertaining" posts. I've asked Cheryl many times to back-down off individuals and that whole crazy4you thing went a little too far after 3 days of the same discussion. I mean how long can we really talk about whether this girl should follow her FI to AC/LV or not? Dana - I'm all for you starting up some entertainment at night! I miss me some twatwaffles and swanage. <strong>Where's Kathy been?</strong> There was a twatwaffle post the other day - and if I'm deleting all the good posts, why didn't I delete that one? I mean seriously. <strong>Cheryl which AE is mine? I mean you act like we were BFFs or something and you were secretly letting me unleash some snark! Since when did I start coming here to be snarky to anyone? You don't know me AT ALL especially if you think that's my idea of fun. Here I was thinking I was seeking wedding advice from a wedding board. lol. Silly me! I'm a secret snark!</strong>
    Posted by jaimelody[/QUOTE]

Kathy is not here it started with that the board was slow, and now its pretty much because of the censorship, like most of the MG knotties FYI...

First-will you please fricken stop saying 3 days, I posted my post 1 day later, geez.

Second-I was kidding about you being the AE, I had already decided you could never not follow the knot rules.

Third-Never said "BFF's" but even you called it out when you emailed me on FB complaining about how I wanted to be a mod and how I could be like that and how you don't want to fight with me blah blah blah.  I am talking about how back in the day you were kinda cool, you were (because you were a mod) sending me things to post and make fun of, all of a sudden this Mod thing became a job to you and the censoring started.

No one has fun on this board anymore, we have always said that if people take things too seriously they have issues. 

Gone are the days where we would put a stop to HELP!!!!!!!! MY WEDDING IS 5 YEARS AWAY AND I DONT HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHER posts, or any post that started with help that didn't need to start with help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't get how the b!tch slapping post gets deleted but the AE post is still up. So the old married hags can't say those things to newbies, but the newbies can post crap about the MGs? Double standard much?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is the AE post? I'm apparently blind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uppereasts post below bad person its not the point of deleting bc we're "crybabies" its the point C made.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like CM said, it's a double standard.  Jamie, I feel as if you want to be the boss and our friend at the same time but it is simply not working.  I certainly would not hang out with mine outside of work. I think we can all play easier in the sandbox together when we do not have to be afraid to post threads or comments because it will be deleted. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lola - I'm not trying to be anyones boss. Why would I want to boss around the girls I've stolen most of my brilliant wedding ideas from and make them feel like they can't post here anymore?! But I know I am a little more of a "can't-we-all-just-get-along" than most of the other girls here.

CM Do you actually want that deleted? I think all of 4 people saw it or at least responded to it. And I don't get where I'm deleting every post! Looks like the MGs got over it much quicker than the whole crazy4you thing.

I don't think I was around for all of the bytchsmacking bc I didn't "recognize" that post as a back in the day thing. I just saw the knottie name come up again and thing the teasing is a little excessive.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jaime, please please stop mentioning the stupid crazy4you post! Its not the reason we are all frustrated now it was just the start! I think you need to get over it (even though I went back to the textbook post and I was yet again bashed and you deleted nothing another point proves CM's comment) again not that I care I am a big girl and can handle it and I think you underestimate the newbies, basically saying they are big children. Also as to you not being around - joined in 08 but didn't start posting till 09, if you started posting when you joined or even early 09 you were here for it. Obviously not sure if that's true due to the join dates screw people up. Now back to my regular scheduled hair dying as my hair dresser is going to kill me if I do not put the bb down (and the salon is making fun of me lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL cheryl geez! OK, before I say anything I'll just ask you first since you know EVERYTHING about my so-called-knottie-life.

Um, 11/30/2008 was about a week after we got engaged and I didn't find the message boards until Melissa721 told me to find it. So I don't think my photographic memory of all prior knot posts recorded that one.

And it completely IS about that crazy4you knottie bc if her name wasn't in it, yet again, I probably would not have deleted it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_just-quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:370e6060-db67-48d4-84a1-2cd8c357ad89Post:95648b4f-e374-4c60-884b-e39426305cdf">Re: Just a quick?</a>:
    [QUOTE] CM Do you actually want that deleted? I think all of 4 people saw it or at least responded to it. Posted by jaimelody[/QUOTE]

So does that make it ok? If I call someone a b!tch and only 4 people view it, it can stay up? What's the number cut off? If 10 people view it, will it stay up? 30? 100?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I don't have a particular number or something. Just saying Cheryls post was deleted because it was the ump-teenth time I'd seen that same girl being called out. Newbies have said those kinds of things before and I've seen even worse responses from the MGs. Those weren't deleted either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jaime can you kindly reread the post I last posted obviously you didn't read it enough.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- did you really not find it hilarious that the girl wanted to follow her FI to Vegas for his bachelor party?

That's the funny ish that keeps this place entertaining.  It also opens up good and leads to good discussions about what is and isn't acceptable in a marriage.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tif, I think her question was legitimate. BC I didn't feel 100% comfortable when my FI wanted that. But don't you think everyone was given ample time to give their opinion to this girl? Like I said before, I'm all for a good conversation, and I think some people did give her some good points to consider. But the issue is dead, why do we have to beat it, and this girl over the head some more?

Happy Anniversary!
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_just-quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:370e6060-db67-48d4-84a1-2cd8c357ad89Post:a8605011-c53d-4ea0-bd19-6672459cbee3">Re: Just a quick?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tif, I think her question was legitimate. BC I didn't feel 100% comfortable when my FI wanted that. But don't you think everyone was given ample time to give their opinion to this girl? Like I said before, I'm all for a good conversation, and I think some people did give her some good points to consider. But the issue is dead, why do we have to beat it, and this girl over the head some more? Happy Anniversary!
    Posted by jaimelody[/QUOTE]

It's not a debate whether the question was legitimate or not. I just don't understand why you're subjectively deciding when something has "gone too far."

Plenty of girls might not want their FI to go to Vegas for many reasons (I would think presumably money for most), but that really has nothing to do with anything.  What she said about following him there struck a chord with people as odd.

I don't know. Maybe moving forward just chillax a little.  The bytch slapping post wasn't bothering anyone.  I think it's one thing for someone to contact you and say they are upset and can't take being berated, vs. you just arbitrarily deciding to delete things that you think are mean spirited.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicely said Tif.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards