North Carolina

Charlotte New Year's Eve Ideas?

Does anyone know of any good places in Charlotte to spend New Year's Eve? I know bars and clubs are only just getting their calendars out, but if you did anything fun last year/know of anything, please post!

My bridesmaids are coming in to Charlotte (where I bought my dress) over that weekend to pick out BM dresses, and I would love to do something fun with them. The BM that lives in Charlotte is more in favor of staying in, so I was hoping you ladies might be able to tell me about some good ideas that could perhaps convince her to go out.

My CharlotteBM is inviting some couples that we don't know to hang out with us, and I don't want my single bridesmaids to feel awkward. I felt like being out might put everyone on more of an even playing-field, so to speak.

Thanks!
-- C
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Charlotte New Year's Eve Ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Hey CJ...I would think that there would be a lot going on at the Epicentre in uptown Charlotte for NYE.  There are several bars, bowling, movies, etc.  I would think that they would advertise activities closer to the Eve.  Here is the website: http://www.epicentrenc.com. I'm pretty sure that last year, FI and I just hung out with friends (I'm such an old lady!)
    Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I went 2 years ago to AlleyCat and they had an 80s coverband. Tickets were maybe $15 I think and we had TONS of fun!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Addie you're not an old lady! :) We did the same thing last year and I was totally into it. I'm about one year away from "partying" on NYE being a cocktail party that ends at 8pm....
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I went to Dixie's Tavern either last year or the year before that. It felt like your wholesome singing drunk crowd at the bar. It was fun and I didn't feel overcrowded. It was nice cause you could park in their parking. I say this because I've been downtown and felt unsafe on several July 4th holidays.  Hope you have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards