New Jersey
Options

WTF Wednesday

Fill in the blank: WTF ___!?

WTF do people offer to help with my wedding? I mean it isn't rocket science to find a vendor, book them etc. I don't need help with that. Do you want to help me pay the bill? And when I do ask for help with nominal things (since i'm OOT) they either forget, or can't find, or don't understand etc. WTF!!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF do people need to know the total cost of your wedding?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why TF does my boss need to tell everyone that she's invited to the wedding? I already talked to her about not making it public knowledge and she apologized, but since she got the invitation on Monday she has been telling everyone (including people in the office that aren't invited) that she's going. WTF! We have a small office of 3 people, but there are a lot of people we work with on our floor and in a remote office in south Jersey. I invited the two that work with me here in NY, and two other girls on the floor, but no one else from work. I just found it so inappropriate- and when I said it to her she said "but I'm just SO excited!" and then apologized. I guess I can't be too mad, but ugh.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yusi- probably because they want to tell you how much of a better deal they got or that you could have got. Nice right?
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just fed up with everything. I work for a lousy company that is trying to push me out for a reason that is not legitimate.  And don't worry, they are trying to force me out before my wedding it seems (as if I don't have enough stress).

I was the only one at my level not included on a training session that was mandatory and I eventually emailed HR to give proof which as always gets swept under the rug because this company is only concerned about saving face, not their employees.

Just in a real crapola mood today.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jaime, I actually always took it as the opposite -- either gauging whether they could one-up you, or just plain curiosity (mixed with lack of tact).  But we mostly got those types of questions from Long Islanders, and I think there's more of a one-upmanship culture there than what I'm used to...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This question came from one of my BM's so I was like WTF? I'm trying to figure out why she would ask especially because she went thru it herself so it's not like she doesnt have an idea of what a DJ, video, flowers, reception halls, etc would cost.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF, I am sooooo sick with the flu, can't take sick days because my last day is friday, have to train everyone including my new boss and teammate, going to the city to meet with my fiance's client and his wife tonight (all the san patrick's traffic) plus finishing up all the stuff that needs to get done before I leave and did I mention I am leaving on vacation friday 12 midnight and arriving to PR at 3 am, and the cruise does not leave until 8 pm on saturday! wtf I feel so sick! and everyone is asking why we have not registered yet, pick a color, go bridemaids' dress shopping, talk to the band, talk to the dj, wtf I can't afford a wedding planner!!!!!!!!!!!!
    forgot to add that myfiance's mom wants a very nice wedding: "if you have a wedding, it has to be nice, everyone is going to be talking about it and it has to be perfect (and everything top notch expensive)!" wtf she cares what others think! she's paying for her guests, but I am paying for the vendors!
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF do I have to remind my husband to help out around the house?  I do about 90% of the work around here, includng all the cooking, we both work full-time jobs, and whenever I get upset with him for not doing his part, he turns it around on me and asks me why I don't just TELL him to do things and he'd be more than wiling to.  Like it's my fault for not asking!  Well you are my husband, not my child, and I shouldn't have to tell you to do things that are common sense/ common courtesy!

• Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wtf-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3a112b7a-d96e-4059-bdc8-3366231d5270Post:ee573756-e322-4bfd-8a31-04d5b1eb0493">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF do I have to remind my husband to help out around the house?  I do about 90% of the work around here, includng all the cooking, we both work full-time jobs, and whenever I get upset with him for not doing his part, he turns it around on me and asks me why I don't just TELL him to do things and he'd be more than wiling to.  Like it's my fault for not asking!  Well you are my husband, not my child, and I shouldn't have to tell you to do things that are common sense/ common courtesy!
    Posted by Partymixx27[/QUOTE]

I think you're married to my husband. :)
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww--- men are like that tho... I used to test FI and leave something out that it was obvious needed attention and then he would either ignore it until i did it or half-ass it, which made me need to do it again.  I gived FI 1 thing at a time to work on and that helps. I feel the same way that you do- if I stayed home then I will do all the cooking and cleaning but since we both work we both need to share the household duties!

My WTF is actually a WHY TF---- WTF does everyone and their mother seem to be SO excited about my wedding.. don't get me wrong, i'm happy people want to come but my dad kind of over extended himself on his invite list and we are up to 180.  All his friends and family are already making plans to make sure they are there, even people we haven't seen in YEARS.  My mom originally was not going to invite her co-workers but now they are talking about the wedding as if they are already invited.  She has been invited to weddings of her co-workers children and figured she was doing everyone a favor by not making my wedding an "obligation" but apparently they WANT to come too.  THEN i find out that my mom's cousins are disappointed that they didn't get a STD and my grandma is offering to pay for their table- which makes my mom SUPER uncomfortable but SHE can't afford it and my father (whom my mom is divorced from and recently lost his job) is paying for the reception.  The list just keeps growing with people who cant wait to come.  I am so afraid that I will get like zero "Regrets......."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards