New Jersey

One Day Wedding Officiant License in NJ?

Does anyone know whether NJ allows people to apply for  a 1-day wedding officiant, uh, license?

I know NY does, but since we're getting married in Jersey it would be nice to be married by someone we know, legally, than some random dude.

Re: One Day Wedding Officiant License in NJ?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_one-day-wedding-officiant-license-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3a616ea5-242a-4548-a203-9303e378960cPost:40011bf2-6b28-4a5e-a26f-d38abbd116ff">One Day Wedding Officiant License in NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know whether NJ allows people to apply for  a 1-day wedding officiant, uh, license? I know NY does, but since we're getting married in Jersey it would be nice to be married by someone we know, legally, than some random dude.
    Posted by emsmandms[/QUOTE]

I'm a little late to responding...but no, NJ does not have a officiant for a day license. However, some counties do allow someone ordained through Universal Life Church to do a wedding. Its a free online ordination (they'll try to sell you books to know how to perform a wedding ceremony, you don't need to buy them) This is what I did so that my moms cousin could marry us (he married both of my aunts too since each got married in PA which does allow for an officiant for a day license). Its really quick and simple! (I was married in Mercer County, and filed with East Windsor Township)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_one-day-wedding-officiant-license-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3a616ea5-242a-4548-a203-9303e378960cPost:851c87ce-fd59-4982-a318-7c44ca1c483d">Re: One Day Wedding Officiant License in NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to One Day Wedding Officiant License in NJ? : I'm a little late to responding...but no, NJ does not have a officiant for a day license. However, some counties do allow someone ordained through Universal Life Church to do a wedding. Its a free online ordination (they'll try to sell you books to know how to perform a wedding ceremony, you don't need to buy them) This is what I did so that my moms cousin could marry us (he married both of my aunts too since each got married in PA which does allow for an officiant for a day license). Its really quick and simple! (I was married in Mercer County, and filed with East Windsor Township)
    Posted by smilygrl17[/QUOTE]

thank you, smilygrl17!
  • Well, are you looking for one who makes your special day fun and creative? Now grand rapids wedding officiant is offering world class services for your grand day with every type of promises.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards