New Jersey

Bathroom Baskets...Yay or Nay?

So I did buy baskets and the cute obligatory poem from another Knottie for the bathroom but I'm just realizing that the bathrooms at our hotel venue could quite possibly be shared with guests or patrons of the hotel. (They have two sets of bathrooms..but the bathrooms for my ballroom are the ones that are closest to the lobby)

So...should I not do bathroom baskets being that others may steal the stuff?

I'm torn...

Re: Bathroom Baskets...Yay or Nay?

• I would think about putting at the top of the poem "for the guests of A&B's wedding". Also check with the hotel to see if they will even allow it being that it's a public restroom For other guests. I personally would probably just do it anyway, even if other guests may be using it.
  • I think I would do them anyway.   I wouldn't want my guests to lose out on having it there, even if it means some hotel guests might use a thing or two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd still do them, especially if you already have them.  I do like the idea of saying that it's for the guests of your wedding though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We said no ..... I bought the baskets and then went to buy the stuff and remembered my friends wedding almost nothing was touched and the venue took the advil out of the basket because in NJ they can not serve medicine even OTC with a liquor license. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bathroom-basketsyay-or-nay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3cf5dabc-f91d-4ae3-94a0-770742c6fa51Post:86485b14-ddba-484d-8ef1-836daf1e4e6c">Re: Bathroom Baskets...Yay or Nay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We said no ..... I bought the baskets and then went to buy the stuff and remembered my friends wedding almost nothing was touched and<strong> the venue took the advil out of the basket because in NJ they can not serve medicine even OTC with a liquor license.</strong> 
    Posted by shoebie420[/QUOTE]
    Wow, I've never heard of that. But it does kind of make sense. <div>
    </div><div>OP, I'd first ask the venue because like you said, it is likely shared with other guests. I originally wanted to do one, but then ran out of time. It just wasn't a priority for me, so I didn't even bother trying to. Plus, those little things can get pricey. We also had another event there & now that I think about it, how would I have known who took from it? It just wasn't worth it for me.</div>
  • We're going to do them, but our venue does only one wedding at a time, and there won't be other people sharing our bathrooms.  Check with your venue.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards