North Carolina

Dress shops in/around Raleigh, NC

Hi Knotties! I am planning on going dress shopping soon and need some help! I am going dress shopping in Raleigh/cary (that's where my family lives) and need some advice on which shops to go to. I do not have a big budget, AT all, so the swanky places are out. I am trying to keep this dress under $1000 dollars at the very top of my budget, preferably around the 500-600 dollar area or below. If any of you know of any great shops, let me know! I have no knowledge of that area at all, so any info will help! Thanks, ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 135 Invited
image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
RSVP Date: Sept 08
http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/

Re: Dress shops in/around Raleigh, NC

• edited December 2011
    Regardless where you go, do some homework, if you find "the one" call around to other dress stores and get prices on the dress. There are alot of price fluctuations from one dress store to the next. In addition to that, whenever you are price shopping, call Pearl's Place in LA, they had the best price for my dress and our BM dresses. It saved me several hundred dollars and saved my BMs about $150 each.

I didn't get my dresses from Pearl's, I went to dress stores here that price matched and they price matched Pearl's.

I got my dress from Victorian Rose Bridals, my dress was a week and half late coming in, but it didn't interfere with any plans I had so it was no biggie. But they were super late with another bride on the board, so I'm really uneasy about reccommending them.

My bridesmaids got their dresses from Bridal Mart in Burlington, and their dresses actually came in a month early.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tgw3089tgw3089 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Bridal Mart in Burlington and Carolina Bridal World in Smithfield. I think they will both price match also. They have a good selection of BM dresses too.
    I wouldn't recommend Victorian Rose, Bridal Boutique, or Bridal Gallery. I've heard bad things lately about Victorian Rose messing up dresses. Bridal Boutique and Bridal Gallery are usually pretty snotty and they don't let you take pictures. Bridal Mart and Carolina Bridal World will both let you take pics.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm the bride with the super late dress from Victorian Rose. I never got an answer of why there was an issue with the dress, but I also never pressed the issue. I'm just sooooo happy I have my dress.

I did have a fabulous time dress shopping at V.R.B. Amber was my salesperson. She was an absolute doll. I booked at appointment at this location before I realized it was a fairly high end. We were upfront with Amber and let her know we only wanted to see dress under $1000. She took that information and was fine with it. I had plenty of selection for my price range.

So take the good with the bad.

Oh, check with Olga about booking alterations. Get in with her early!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jennie, I also just checked your wedding date. You have plenty of time to order a dress and have it arrive. Mine process was a bit quicker.

I got engaged on Feb 15. My mom flew to NC the first of March so we could shop. We ordered the dress knowing it would take 6-9 months but were assured it would be on the lesser end of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    not sure how you feel about a consignment shop... but since you mentioned cary... there's a GREAT dress shop near the cary towne center, called gorgeous gowns. i got my dress there for $400 (it's haute couture and not from any recent season, but still beautiful!) there's a seamstress in-house, as well... judy. check them out, for BM's, mother of the bride dresses, and flower girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards