New Jersey
Options

Crystal Point

Has anyone held their reception at Crystal Point? If so, what did you think? Would you do it all over again? i am looking to book their Winter Wonderland pkg for next Feb or Mar 2011. We are sorta of on a budget and it is $120 pp BUT it includes tax/gratuity, DJ (Elite but I already asked if I could use my own DJ and they said they would drop the price to $112 pp) and they also offer a photographer (Contemporary Image or Michelangelo). If anyone has ever used any of them let me know what you think as well. I thought this sounded like a good deal. Any thought?

Nicole
Waretown, NJ

Re: Crystal Point

• Options
    edited December 2011

My mom has her company holiday party there every year and she says that it has gone downhill in the past few years. This year she got a frozen appetizer served to her (it was supposed to be hot) and she said the food quality is just not there anymore. Perhaps she just had a bad night though?

*~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been there a few times and each time has been very good.  A lot of food selection, and it's good.  I have not been there in the past 1.5 yrs though.  Rooms are nice, and view is nice too.  Sounds like a good value
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been to Crystal Point a lot and my wedding will most likely be there. The most recent event I went to was last summer and the food was great.

I know they're doing some event this Sunday with a food tasting and you get to meet the DJ and photographer offered in the package so if you're unsure than you should attend that- you have to call and let them know you're going. 

Who did you meet with when you went? We met with Denise and they have the "Winter Wonderland" wedding because of her daughters wedding there. She was super honest and really helpful with ways to cut costs.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and if Crystal Point isnt your style their sister venue, English Manor in Ocean Township, does a similar package with the DJ and Photo for $125 pp with tax and gratuity included in off months and any Saturday day wedding throughout the year. I'm pretty sure its a 100 person min.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to Crystal Point but I do know the DJ. I use to own an tanning salon and would attend local bridal shows (as a vendor) and Elite would always been there too.  Elite always put on a great show.  I have also been to a wedding where they were the DJ company used and it was one of the BEST weddings I have ever been to, and I have been to a lot of them. They are good at reading the crowd, getting them involved and great at transitions!  I highly recommend Elite.  

You can check them out at almost any Bridal show and see them for yourself, I'm sure you will love them!

Hope this helps.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not familiar with CP, but don't be so quick to bypass Elite - they just did my Jan wedding and they were BEYOND AMAZING.  Literally they had everyone dancing from the start to the finish - even to the point that after the last song the crowd starting chanting "one more song"!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agree... i'm using Elite and am excited. not sure how many people you would be having, but if you have 150 guests x $8 (difference b/w pricing) that's $1200. I paid $1750 for a DJ and an emcee from them- so it's a great price too.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally booked CP, went to the food tasting and canceled the next day.  The food was awful, DH and his dad both got sick, and we didnt like that the view from the cocktail hour room is mostly old trucks in a parking lot.  Now, it could have just been an off day, but we werent willing to take any chances. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards