New Jersey
Options

The Palace @ Somerset Park

Hey everyone! my names Michelle and I'm new to TK. My FI and I are trying to plan a wedding in NJ but live in Pittsburgh and were trying to narrow down some reception places because we dont have time to travel back and forth to see allll the places we found online. Has anyone been to a wedding at the Palace @ somerset that can give me some feedback? That is one of our favorites so far but we havent seen the place in person yet...Thanks for your help!!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Palace @ Somerset Park

• Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also if you have any suggestions of other places, were looking for a place that will do an outdoor ceremony and has a nice indoor ballroom for the reception.

• Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there but my dad has had work functions there and has said it's beautiful and the food is really good. I also remember seeing that it is really expensive.
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and Welcome! What is your price range and time of the year?
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was mine too until I saw the price! Ask them to email you the prices and see if its what you can afford. If it is look at the Stonehouse in Warren too.  There is a NJ Reception Hall Magazine you may want to pick up when you get in NJ, I found that helpful.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We havent set an exact date but were thinking June or Sept. of 2011. Were pretty flexible on that as long as its warm, but not too hot. And we figure budget for the location is going to cost somewhere around $30,000...at least thats about what it was for the couple places that would actually give us info over the phone.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful place & good food.  Definitely reccomend it
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of pretty places that are a LOT less expensive than the Palace. It is gorgeous, but they don't really do a lot of outdoor ceremonies (only on a stone terrace, upstairs, overlooking a parking lot), and their "budget" package doesn't offer much.

Are you set on Central Jersey, or would you be willing to go North or South?

I'm getting married at Mayfair Farms in West Orange, and a whole bunch of girls are getting married at The Manor, also in WO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Imperia.  They have an outdoor patio (beautiful!) and an indoor room for reception :) Check it out!
    BFP #1 10/30/11 Missed M/C 11/21 at 8 weeks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not set on central jersey, im actually from south so were also looking into the mansion on main street in voorhees (they refuse to give any kind of info over the phone, or in email) and also philly. The imperia was another option that we like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Palace is beautiful, and they were definitely willing to negotiate with us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Budget of $30,000, for how many people about??
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Probably about 150ish. Were thinking about heading back to NJ for a few days on Memorial day weekend to check out some places. Do you have any other reccomendations?

• Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Palace is more than $150 pp. It was closer to $175.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The English Manor in Ocean Township
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry i should have made myself more clear. Were planning on having about 150 people. The prices she gave us are $135-145 PP on a Friday depending on which date we choose (which we are not opposed to having it on a Friday to save a little bit). Or $165-170 PP on a Saturday. Plus tax and gratuity. Then $5PP for the ceremony. We only got prices from one other place that we like in Philly and that was about $30,000 total also. The other places we talked to said that we had to go there to get information.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you can do the Palace for 150 people definitely.

Also not too far is Stone House at Sterling Ridge - that is in Warren.  The main reason I wasn't too fond of the place was because we were planning on having over 200 ppl and it definitely would've been tight.  They also have grounds for an outdoor ceremony.

I'm not sure if my venue offers the ceremony outdoors (never asked). We are at the Venetian but with your minimum requirement, you would need the smaller room.

Also I would check out Florentine Gardens & Nanina's in the Park.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_palace-somerset-park-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3fae6ae4-151a-4188-9354-0419b86a5f48Post:882642e6-0bc5-43c4-8ddc-1d85973fb70d">Re: The Palace @ Somerset Park</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry i should have made myself more clear. Were planning on having about 150 people. The prices she gave us are $135-145 PP on a Friday depending on which date we choose (which we are not opposed to having it on a Friday to save a little bit). Or $165-170 PP on a Saturday. Plus tax and gratuity. Then $5PP for the ceremony. We only got prices from one other place that we like in Philly and that was about $30,000 total also. The other places we talked to said that we had to go there to get information.
    Posted by teacup0618[/QUOTE]

If you are open to Friday then I would think that is duable at the Palace.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions girls... I will definitely check out those other places!! I already looked at English Manor and Nanina's and think they both look great. Just havent contacted them yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just booked our wedding at the Westmount County Club in West Paterson for 11/4/11! The place is amazing and they work around what you want to spend. Our Planner is Bobby. He's a little hard to feel out over the phone but in person he was great!

good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Merion in Cinnaminson. I've never been there but it's close to your location and from the website it looks beautiful!!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I'll second the Merion!  I also looked at the Palace, but it was too expensive.  I got it about $50/person cheaper than the Palace for a Saturday night.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    The Merion is very pretty inside, but it has no outdoor space - it's right on a local highway, is surrounded by parking lots, and backs up to commercial spaces and a subdivision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes the merion is GORGEOUS inside, I was in a wedding that was there last year. But I'm definitely looking for a place that we would be able to do a ceremony outside. If i could find a place that we could have a ceremony outside, and the inside is as beautiful as the merion it would be perfect!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    have you had your event at the Imperia yet? I am thinking abou it and just wanted some info, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards