New Jersey
Options

Bridal Show

Hi everyone, I just started planning my wedding for October 15, 2011 and a friend told me about a Bridal Show on Sunday March28th 1pm-4pm in Stockholm @ St. John Vianney Church.  I think I am going to go and check it out since I just started planning and don't even know where to begin! 

Re: Bridal Show

• Options
    edited December 2011
    tell us about your wedding!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There really isnt much to tell yet since all we have so far is a date, lol!  I do know that I want fall colors...that is why we chose October.  I love the reds, oranges, yellows, so pretty!  I used to think that I wanted the big poofy dress but I am starting to rethink that, I guess I am not going to really know what I want until I start trying things on.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Trying on dresses was my favorite part.  Make sure you take pics and come post them here when you do go shopping. We love seeing pics!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I promise I will!  Any vendor reccomendations?? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sure!  I was really happy with all of my vendors.  Have you booked a venue yet?

DJ - Fantasy Entertainment. www.fantasydjs.com Our MC was Bob Albrecht and I highly recommend him. He was fantastic.  He really knows how to read an audience and play songs that he knows will get people up dancing.  We had lots of compliments on our music.  They are very affordable compared to some other DJs too.

Photographer - Chris Mastalia www.photocm.com He was fantastic to be around all day.  He's very laid back and just really "cool".  I think his work is amazing, see my siggy pic! I haven't gotten my album yet since I have not picked out the pics for it yet, but I have no worries that it'll be anything short of fantastic.

Flowers - I got my flowers from Perfect Petals Too in Fairfield.  I was super happy with my flowers, they were beautiful.  Every flower I really wanted was out of season and they were able to create a bouquet for me that I loved.  I gave them free reign and they didn't let down.  They were on the pricier side, but it's because of the way they set their flowers in bouquets.  It keeps them fresh all day.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I am going to look into them!  We don't have a venue yet, I am looking for somthing unique, not your typical banquet hall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also on Sunday is the NJ Bridal Expo at the Edison Expo Center- I went to it last year and they had a ton of vendors- I think it's definitely worth going to. There were about 4 or 5 limo places, a ton of reception venues, florists, etc. It's a good one to go to as it has the most vendors of any in NJ
    *~allie~*

• Options
    ejeyeejeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  I'm new here too.  Everyone is so helpful.  As for rethinking your dress -- I have only been engaged for about two months and my entire idea of what I wanted for my wedding has changed about a million times!  It will keep changing - all I can say is roll with it.  And HAVE FUN!  I am just in the beginning of planning and I'm already having a blast (even with the stress.) 
    P.S. - I am also looking for a unique venue.  I just checked out the Queens County Farm Museum in Queens and it's very cool -- didn't quite work for us, but in general a cool spot to check out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Shows are actually a really good place to start.  I recommend creating an email address for just wedding stuff.  They always ask for your email address at Bridal shows and if you give them your regular email address they will never stop emailing you.  Just browse around and get as much info as you can, it may be overwhelming at first, but it will help you in the end. 

Good Luck!
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto to pp. If you can try doing labels for the shows with your name, phone number* if you wish to give it to them, email (definately do a seperate one), date of wedding. venue.

Wish i had done that when i went to the shows because it was annoying filling out the paperwork while listening to them talk to you and ask questions while you are doing it. I always felt like i missed something.
  • Options
    SV2011SV2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks for the information ladies!  I think I am going to check out the bridal show my friend told me about and the one you mentioned on here so I can meet as many vendors as possible.  I have been doing alot of research the past few days since I have been snowed in! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards