New Jersey
Options

Atrium CC and Ravello's long

Hello,
I recently posted asking about both of these venues.  We had our tasting at the Atrium last night and it was good but both me and FI thought that the food at Ravello's was better.  However, we are still having a hard time deciding between the two of them and have a few questions for those of you who have been to either or both of them.
Ravello's: I unfortunately forgot to check out the ladies room but my father, FI, and FFIL all used the mens room and said it was small.  Is the ladies room small?
Also, the entrance way seems a little small, do they open up the cocktail hour room right away?
Atrium: The OOT hotels that they work with seem to both be 15 minutes away.  How is the shuttle system?  Do they have more than one shuttle?  15 minutes isn't far but if people are waiting 30 minutes between shuttles that could seem like forever.

TIA.

Re: Atrium CC and Ravello's long

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved the Atrium. We used Sierra Suites and it was a beautiful hotel, we really liked it, as did our guests.  We had like 70 guests in the hotel or something, so they provided us with two shuttles.  They worked out great.  They were school buses, but we didn't care, it was fun!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to either place, but I think you're lucky in that if those are your only cons about these two places they are really very minor! I would just compare what you are getting for the price and the quality and decide from there. I can tell you most guests spend very minimal time in the lobbies and bathrooms and those are not anything that would affect your party. And if shuttles are provided 15 min won't be bad at all...I've def gone to weddings like that and actually it made the ride back quite fun, haha.
  • Options
    jamtom2011jamtom2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea-did they use the large school buses or the small ones? 

Melissa-I know, these are not bad cons, I think I'm kind of hoping that someone says something horrible about one of these places to make the decision easier, haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with the one whose food you enjoyed best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They were big, regular school buses.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cascastecascaste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Ravellos for a few events and had a great experience...and quite honestly the cocktail hour room is so large there was never a reason to hang out in the lobby.   The wedding I went to was actually in the upstairs in room and when we went downstairs the cocktail hour room was open.   I dont really remember the bathrooms, but then again, it is another room/area that most people dont spend a lot of time in.   I think more importantly the food and service at Ravellos was very good.   Never been to the Atrium but I have also heard really good things about it...good luck
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't pick my venue based on who had bigger bathrooms.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the previous poster, go with the place with the better food.  I  think Ravellos looks nicer than the Atrium, more classy.  Didnt care for the green-house like appearance of the Atrium.  But you have to go with your gut-feeling....
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard great things about the food at Ravello's and considered it for our September wedding.  One thing i didn't like is that there is no bathroom in the bridal room, The only bathroom I remember is the one off of the upstairs ballroom.  Not the worst thing in the world, but I think it's nice to have a private place, especially if you're planning on wearing a ballgown or more cumbersome dress.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all, the bathroom of course isn't going to be a deal breaker but I would like it to be convienent for the guests and myself.  If there isn't a lot of room in the bathroom I wouldn't want to be barrelling over people in my dress.  I appreciate the input.  I think Ravello's is going to win in the end :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the Atrium, one of the hotels they work with is right off Prospect near the shopping center. I think that's about 5 min away from the Atrium at most. I think there is also another one that they work with in W. Orange that might be next to the Manor that we were thinking of using, but we haven't looked into it yet.

I don't know anything about the other place, so I can't help with your decision.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Ravello's in October and the bathroom upstairs is kinda small, but there are also bathrooms downstairs and the bathroom downstairs is bigger.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback.  We booked on Saturday at Ravello's for July 22, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards