New Jersey
Options

hair extensions??

im looking for a good stylist who does extensions. i have really fine hair so im kinda scared that it will fall out unless i find someone good.. help!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: hair extensions??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    is it for the wedding? why don't you try clip-ins instead because extensions can damage fine hair. I am doing that for my wedding. My stylist is matching my hair and custom making various length clip-ins to add volume and length.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacey Pitt is amazing for hair. I bought clip in real extensions (with her advice) but she put them in on my wedding and they lasted until the next afternoon when I finally took them out.
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do clip ins work?  Can they be used again?  And are they very expensive?  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacy Pitt
    www.stylesonb.com
    I had glue in extensions for my wedding and they did not damage my hair (I have fine hair as well).  They looked SO real and I loved them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting a clip this was recommended by my hairstylist. Extensions can damage your hair
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got clip ins from proextensions.com
    they are real human hair so you can style them anyway.  They were pretty comfortable too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can you still do the glue ins if you do an updo?
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't do glue in ones if you're worried about damaging your hair. Plus they're going to be more of a permanent thing until you have them removed, not just for the day of. At least the clip in ones you can use for that day, remove them and save them for another time.
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my extensions at a place in Morristown called Broome's.  It looks scary, but they have tons of lengths and colors and they were much less expensive than what my stylist could have ordered.  She matched me with a salon brand and they were going to be $240- that was just for the hair, so she sent me to that place to buy them myself.  I think I paid around $70 and the people there really helped me to match my color and were super nice.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards