New Jersey
Options

Hoboken Bach Party Recommendations - Please!

My friend lives in Hoboken and has offered for everyone to stay at her house for Bach party.  People don't want to go into Manhatten, so we are going to go out in Hoboken.  I NEED some bar rec's please that aren't stuffy and where dancing is definately going to happen.  I would love a live cover band (date is Saturday Feb 20th).  Any ideas!? 
Thank you!

Re: Hoboken Bach Party Recommendations - Please!

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    http://www.hoboken-bar.net/whatsontap/

See if this helps :)

The only ones I've been to personally are Bahama Mama's and Oddfellows. FFIL used to work at Lounge 11 (chef) and I hear that's pretty good.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to go to hoboken alot after college.  I think the Whiskey Bar has live cover bands often.

Not sure if this place is around anymore but 10th and Willow used to be fun to dance at!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bahama Mama's always has dancing and is the typical go to place for bach party.  When you are really drunk it's fun otherwise it's usually "Jersey Shore" central.  A live band is usually at Whiskey Bar though dancing I can't remember. 

The Shannon is a fun time, O'Neials is nice but a bit more homey.

Are you looking for dinner as well?  If so, what kind of price range?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies -

Lola - 10th and Willow is still around - we go there sometimes.  A lil fun, but crowded and I am not crazy about the crowd.

No - dinner we are all going to do at her apartment and hang out and drink before we go out.

I have heard of Whiskey bar - went back in college days too - will have to check it out!
    Bahama Mama - never heard of it - off to check out websites! 
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hoboken-bach-party-recommendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:421ee00a-48bf-4001-9e73-d61749425c57Post:680a668e-7d30-4d40-9c48-0993a8526908">Re: Hoboken Bach Party Recommendations - Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies - Lola - 10th and Willow is still around - we go there sometimes.  A lil fun, but crowded and I am not crazy about the crowd.
    Posted by kpeteley[/QUOTE]

I figured it wouldn't be the same crowd I'd be interested in from when I was 21.... sigh... lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def. Bahama Mama.  Great for drunky dancing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh, Hoboken bars, a topic I know quite well :)

I think Whiskey Bar would be a good place, they usually have live bands. I know the Benjamins play there a lot. I'm not sure if Bahama Mama's has bands. I can tell you that hardly anyone who lives in Hoboken ever goes there - it caters more to the out-of-town bachelorette party element so it might be a fun place to go for that.
    Other places that have bands a lot are O'Donaghue's and Willie McBrides. They are both fun places - typical Irish bars.  Willie's has a big back room where bands play so there's lots of room for dancing.

Shannon, Mulligans, Black Bear 10th and Willow and McSwiggans are good too but possibly less likely to have live music.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you!

Mbcd- thank you for that site! 

Willie McBrides actually has a band playing on Feb 20th that I have seen and liked before so looks like we will definately be stopping  there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards