New Jersey
Options

And Guest response

I recently had someone email me to ask if they could bring a guest, and my list is currently really tight on numbers...what did you all ladies ask if someone you invited as a single asked about that. This guest is NOT in a serious relationship at all, and currently as I know not dating anyone

Re: And Guest response

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could just say your numbers are tight and right now you can't add on any more people...or you are only inviting people with guests who are engaged or married.  Lots of people do that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would reply to the email and be honest.  Tell them you have already planned for x amount of people and unfortunately you do not have the budget to add another person. 

On the other hand, is it possible that someone else may not show up, and you would have the extra spot? Maybe 1 extra person is not so bad as long as it doesn't break the bank or cause you any addional stress.  Also, if the person comes alone and then sees others with a guest, they may be offended that they were not allowed to bring one.. but for me it would depend on how well I know the person..

Sry, I don't think I helped lol, it's an interesting thought
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told my friends that as soon as I got a couple of no's I would let them know and they could bring their VERY new boyfriends (of a couple months) and I got my no's and they got to bring their dates. Who were nice. Our rule was married, engaged, living together, or someone we had at least hung out with and knew until we got some no's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perfect  thank...this is actual for my sister in law who is getting married and not using the boards ;) to me its just one extra person no big deal..but they are really strapped with their budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would just say that she can't afford it right now but if the space opens up that she will let them know and the guest can come,.

*~allie~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards