New Jersey
Options

tipping photographer for engagement session?

Am I suppossed to tip the photographer for my engagement photo session or just the day of the wedding?

Thanks!

Re: tipping photographer for engagement session?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We didn't tip him for the engagement session ... we were actually going out for some dinner afterward and invited him to come eat with us or at least let us buy him a drink, but he said no thanks.

We also didn't tip him on the wedding day, but he's a solo guy, not part of a company. (We tipped the second shooter, though.) I still have to send him a thank you note/letter of recommendation, and I was thinking we'd send him some wine or something.

I'm also trying to recommend him on this board and to my real-life engaged friends whenever someone asks for photographer suggestions, and hopefully drum up some more business for him. I'd think that he'd value that more than a one-time tip.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tried to tip after the engagement sesison and she wouldn't take anything. We plan on tipping the day of the wedding, but we had planned on tipping for both since her charge for the engagement photos was so low and she drove from NYC to Princeton for us without charging extra.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did not tip my photographer, its his own business and i paid him a lot as it is
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know...I have been meaning to ask this question so I am glad someone else did!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So it's OK not to tip if it's their own business?
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy- that's what I've heard. This also applies to DJs and videographers from what I've read.
    Anniversary Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards