New Jersey
Options

PSA: Free items for OOT bags

I got a bunch of free stuff from the NJ Division of Travel and Tourism just by asking for it. They sent a 30-pound box (!!!) to our house, with guidebooks and maps and pens and NJ trivia bookmarks. We added them to our OOT bags, so it was nice to have something to help fill them that we didn't have to pay for.

http://www.visitnj.org/ 

Re: PSA: Free items for OOT bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MBC that is amazing! I will totally take this idea since 50% of our guests are really out of towners :)
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is there a particular person that you contacted or email? I'd love to do the same!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you call in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks mb!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Just called!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I filled out one of those web forms for a website (NJ Ticket to Save, or something like that?) and they got back to me and said they were the wrong people to contact, but they'd forward my request to the Travel & Tourism department.

I got an e-mail from alan.wheeler (at) sos.state.nj.us  asking for my address, so maybe ask this person?
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    thank you!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just called! So if you go to the website and call the phone number they will transfer you to a gentleman and he will ask for your name and address! Thanks for that info MBC!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing- I'm going to check this out as well. 
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure we just flooded this poor guy with phone calls and emails!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, I'll have to remember that.

FI and I are not too keen on OOT bags, as most of our OOT people lived in NJ at one point (...long stories), or have friends here, but an update for them would really rock!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol who did you all get transfered to? poor guys is probably like - why are so many people calling?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did it all through e-mail, if you guys would rather not call.

What's funny, Jule, is when I got the package, FI said, "Uh, aren't most of our guests just our friends from NJ?" So the tourism packets are probably useless, lol. I have a few friends coming from out of state who are going to make a vacation out of the trip, although I think they're mostly going to NYC.

We were debating doing them, too, but we got a snack basket at FI's cousin's wedding and we really appreciated it. Plus, when we went to check out the hotel where we were blocking off rooms, it was a Saturday and there were about five weddings' worth of OOT bags behind the front desk waiting to be handed out. So I said to FI, "I'd hate for our guests to come here and see all those bags for the Smith and Jones and McDonald weddings, and then the MBCD wedding guests get nothing!" :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards