New Jersey

Dance Lessons?

Hi Ladies! FI and I are thinking of taking dance lessons for the big day. We thought it would be fun and a great way to bond. I was curious if anyone has taken lessons before? How was it? Was it worth it? If so can anyone rec a specific dance studio? BTW thank you ladies so much for all of your posts, I find myself on here learning so much from all of you. I'm so thankful for the boards! TIA

Re: Dance Lessons?

• edited December 2011
    We took swing dancing classes once.  It was pretty inexpensive and they were held during the evenings at the local technical school.  And it was a fun date night and definitely worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are actually going to our first lesson later today at Rodgers Dancesport in Fairfield. We're looking forward to it, so I'll be happy to let you know how it goes! =)
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI got me ballroom dancing classes for Christmas... we live in the city and are going to: http://www.dancelessonsnyc.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan on taking dance lesson for the same reason you mentioned.  We plan on looking into Starlight Dance Center in Nutley. 
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took quite a few dance lessons.  We did 3 sessions with just us and 2 sessions with our siblings.  We included a Brother/Sister dance in our list of "special" dances.  It was so much fun to do it with my brother and SIL.  We also had a great time just to two of us.  IT WAS SO WORTH IT!  

We live south so I think our studio would be too far from you, but I definitely recommend doing it, even if it is just for fun.  We had a great time and it was one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding planning process.  
  • edited December 2011
     Thanks eveyone for the advice! Jrgoogrl how were the lessons? I would love to hear about.
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took dance lessons in the city so that we could do our own "dance" for the wedding.  Ended up with swing.  It was great, but it ended up being an added stress that we just didn't need.  If I could do a do over, I would have skipped it and just done it for fun after the wedding.  However, we both happened to be really busy with work in the months leading up to the wedding, so I think it was just too much for us at the time. Plus, we both have two left feet, which didn't exactly make it smooth going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards