New Jersey

Officiant

FI and I met with an interfaith officiant yesterday.  When we asked what happens if she gets sick she said, she tries to find a replacement, but if not she allow someone else to read the script and then go the next day to a justice of the peace or something to make it official to sign the license.  I didn't love that answer.  Does anyone else have the same problem?
Recommend your Interfaith cantors/rabbis and price range.  
Do they provide a unity candle, ketubah, glass for breaking, chuppah?

TIA

Re: Officiant

• edited December 2011
    Do they provide a unity candle, ketubah, glass for breaking, chuppah?

I don't have any advice in terms of the officiant, but I would imagine non would provide the above items. These are things you would need to provide and pay for. 
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one we met with does provide these things, which is why I was asking if anyone else's would.

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any reccomendations because I'm getting married by one of the priests in my church.

However anyone I know who has gotten married has had to bring their own unity candle, ketubah (because I think you design them based on the couple) the glass you break is supposed to be from the bat/bar mitzvah but I know not everyone does that, but they all bring their own, and the chuppah is opften purchased from the florist becasuse I think traditionally they have some flowers on them though I have seen it when the florist just uses fabric.
  • edited December 2011
    None of the interfaith officiants I met with provided any of the above.  In fact, I am surprised that someone would.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Rabbi Berris and Father Maione.  At the meeting they made me feel very comfortable and confident.  They've been doing interfaith weddings for many years. They supply the glass and ketubah.  Chuppah and unity candles are our responsibility.  $1,000 is their combined fee.  Also, since they are part of the Interfaith Clergy Network, there are a number of other rabbi and priests who could substitute in an emergency.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards