New Jersey
Options

thank you card...

for those of you who have written them already, did you mention what you were doing with the monetary gifts you received?

i.e.  "thank you so much for your generous gift! we have put it towards [renovating our new home]"   or did you go more generic?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: thank you card...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no we didnt say what we were doing with it...just a thank youfor their generous gift and that it was great seeing them at the wedding, etc...
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depneds on the person that I was writing the TY too!  So some of them I did and others I just put thank you for your generous gift and sharing our very special day with us blah, blah, blah. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't written any yet but any money I got/get I will mention we are putting it toward a house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I wrote my engagement TYs I wrote that it was going towards renovating our house. Whenever I receive a TY that says "we are putting it towards our patio set" I think wahoo I'll have to look next time I'm there. I think it's nice to say something, but if you don't have anything specific I wouldn't put it.

*~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the middle of writing them and i did not use what we were using it for the reason I left that out was because to me and MH we think its too tacky for us to put it.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't specify for a monetary gift. For my engagement party, all of my thank you's went along the lines of "Thank you for your generous gift and being a part of my engagement.  We can't wait to celebrate you on our wedding!"
    Odds are I will be going a similar angle for our wedding thank yous.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks.. I'm thinking I will write what it is going to if someone gave a large amount and/or if I am really close to them.  I didn't even think to do this until I started reading the etiquette online (googled it lol).  Most thank you's I've received never mentioned where the money was going
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think for my engagement thank yous I might have mentioned how it would be put to good use towards the wedding.  Gift cards I mentioned decorating my house. (I'm sure I found a better way to word this).

The wedding thank yous I didn't mention what the money was going towards, since some of it was going straight into my savings account and the rest used to pay off both our cars and pay down my student loans, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards