New Jersey
Options

Are these too dressy for my shower?

Shower is supposed to be a surprise, but my FI slipped, so now I know..which is fine, I just totally have to play it off for my  mom and sister, they would be upset if I knew.

Anyways, my FI is going to lure me by telling me that it's our friends Jack and Jill bridal shower..so then I can at least me dressed nicely.

I found these 2 great dresses I love,  was thinking of wearing one of them. The black one is actually shorts. What do you think.

Re: Are these too dressy for my shower?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love them!!!  What store(s)?
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Truthfully- I think they are "hot" for a club scene, not a shower, but I dont know you or your style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cache!!! We are going to Greece for our Honeymoon and they just launched a whole new line that is geared towards it, so I figured they will be great for the HM too! Sadly no sales! ugh!
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the first one, I agree that the 2nd one looks like it'd be for a club
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I disagree!  Haha... I think the fact that it has shorts makes it more casual.

And I think that the choice of shoes and accessories will make a big difference regarding how dressy or "clubby" the outfit is.

I love both!  :-)  I think they are a nice change from the typical summer dresses that so many girls wear to their showers. 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the blue one!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the first one is more appropriate for a shower but they are both really cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the blue one! They are a little clubby, but if they make you feel like a hottie -go for it :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I tend to always over dress then undress, just always been my style and tastes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they're both very cute, but would go with #1. I also agree they lean towards the going out/club scene though...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the first one. The second one is way too short IMO.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were only up to those two, I would choose the blue & buy the other for your honeymoon.

However, I would look for something a little more conservative for the shower, but that's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Out of the two, I would go with the first one, it's very pretty and more appropriate. I agree, the second one makes it look like you're ready to go clubbing, not a shower.
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love them and think both are great for the hm.  For the shower, I like the first one better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one better for a shower.    I plan on getting the second one for my honeymoon!  Cache has coupons that they send in the mail!!! ie $25 off $100 purchase. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the blue one better!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The first one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one for the shower. Both are great for the HM! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i like them both, but are you really tall?  either way - i wouldnt wear heels with either on of them.  like PP said...its too club-y.  go with flat sandals or some flat boots (depending on the weather) to make it not so flashy.  then on your h-moon - flash it up!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_dressy-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:4c63303c-7878-42bf-b119-41b325b6e9faPost:55d4e458-8d14-4638-8e66-10ba3128924e">Re: Are these too dressy for my shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd go with the first one. The second one is way too short IMO.
    Posted by jaimelody[/QUOTE]

I agree with this
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think they are both cute dresses but I wouldn't wear either one to my shower.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_dressy-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4c63303c-7878-42bf-b119-41b325b6e9faPost:7ae8b306-1b0d-4079-a2e5-e4df76978d15">Re: Are these too dressy for my shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they are both cute dresses but I wouldn't wear either one to my shower.
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.  Particularly about the second one -- WAY too short for a shower, and black does not strike me as a shower color.  But I'm sure if you buy one you'll get good use out of it -- bachelorette party? fancy night out over the summer?  And the blue one particularly isn't so "now" that you won't be able to wear it next year.</div>
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Way too revealing for a shower full of women... not really appropriate, but maybe in your crowd they are... Summer honeymoon in Greece- totally great for clubbing there, u will love Greece..
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really don't like the second one and don't think it looks like an outfit for a bridal shower.

I think the first one is ok though.  I personally wouldn't wear something like that to my shower, but it's better than the second.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards