New Jersey
Options

reviews from 8/18/12 wedding

Reception: Fiesta Banquet A+++ We could not have asked for a more attentive staff and such fabulous, generous food.  Our guests told us the cocktail hour had so much food that they have never ate so much, some did not have room for the main entrée.  The bridal party had the same food delivered to the beautiful and spacious bridal suite during cocktail hour and I loved the food, I’m a foodie and their food was impressive.  The scallop was to die for.  The staff decorated the cocktail hour room and the ballroom just as we asked for.  We dropped off boxes of favors, menus, frames, guest book, etc…earlier in the week with instructions and they followed it all.  The lighting in the Casa de Rosa room made the room magical and modern at the same time.  The wait staff remembered drinks from each person and constantly refilled their drinks at the table so guests did not need to go to the bar if they didn’t want to.  I forgot to put the garter on earlier in the day and when it was time to do the toss, I could not remember where my garter was, our maitre d’ said they have one if I wanted to use it (my sister found mine).  They also had nice clear plastic bags for guests to put their heels in, after we brought out the flip flops.  Overall, we are very happy with them, from the day we went to visit, to the “negotiation” of the package, to the very last minute that we left.  Highly recommend them. 

Photographer: Jason Rhee A+++  We love working with Jason, the e-session was great and the day was even better.  We communicated the week or two before about all the details.  The day of, he was there early, worked with our schedule and took all the shots we wanted.  He also took pictures throughout the night as expected.  Everyone complimented on how friendly and easy going he is to have around.  We have not seen the final pics yet but we do not have any doubt at all.

DJ/MC: Julian of Majestic Entertainment A+ I met him after we booked him (husband met with him at the first meeting).  He is very friendly and knows what he’s doing.  He was open to ideas and also made great suggestions.  The DJ he worked with played all the music we asked for.  Our guests were on the dance floor before dinner was even ordered – exactly how we wanted it.  The floor was full with people all night long. 

Flowers: AW Florist (Adam) A+++ We cannot recommend Adam enough.  Even though there are no website or email, the phone calls get answered and respond quickly.  He came way under the prices we were quoted from many other popular florists in the area.  The flowers were exceptional.  He even made an extra boutonniere for the groom and 2 extra for the guys (they needed those).  He added extra flowers for the ceremony and went above and beyond our expectation.  We are still getting compliments on the flowers today.

Make up: Donna of AmazingFaces A+ I only had 1 trial and it was with Donna, I booked her after the trial.  She was easy to work with, listened to the look I was looking for and did what I wanted.  I did not want to look cakey or too much and I got the simple natural look.  She brought an assistant with her but she did all 4 bridesmaids hair and my hair/make up.  She traveled to the hotel and was there on time as well. 

Hotel: Crown Plaza in Secaucus A- We got a decent rate for our guests (comparing to hotels in the area).  We also got our room comp for the night of the wedding as well.  We were able to get their biggest room for us with a “living room” which was helpful since the girls and I got ready at the hotel.  The only reason they did not get an A is because some guests got comp breakfast vouchers and some didn’t.  There was also an issue with some guests getting thru to the reservation line but the sales rep we were in touch with was more than happy to book the rooms for us.  They were flexible with the cutoff date as well.

Limo: All Star Limo A, we got what we reserved, the limo was there early and it was a very nice, clean and spacious limo.  The driver was friendly even though he said we were running late on our booked time.  We don’t think he was familiar with north jersey so he ended up taking roads that were under construction since he followed the gps. 

Guestbook: Shutterfly A I love shutterfly, since we get copy rights to the e-session pics we made our own book and got a lot of compliments from it.  shutterfly is a great website. 

Dress: Davids Bridal A- I went to a few of their stores, I found the one in East Brunswick (new location) was the easiest to deal with.  My dress came in earlier than expected.  The alteration was a bit pricey but they considered my dress “couture” to explain the price.  My alteration and dress fit me perfectly.  Except the wait, despite having an appointment, I liked my experience there.

Groom’s suit: Nordstrom A we love the suit and their alteration department.  It’s an expensive suit that we want to keep and they made sure everything fit perfectly. 

Bridesmaids dresses: Mori Lee A the dresses were beautiful and needed minimal alteration.  We ordered the dress at Ultimate Fashion in Woodbridge Mall, they get a B from us, the dresses came in the wrong color and I was blamed for it when their staff told me the name of the color from the swatch.  They did reorder my corrected color and pay for the return and rush fee. 

Groomsmen suits: Quails – A husband wanted the guys to wear gray suit with fitted pants.  These were tough to find and surprisingly quails had that.  the price was decent and the pics came out nice. 

I’m sure there are other vendors but these were the major ones, i'll be more than happy to answer any questions on these vendors.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards