New Jersey
Options

Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup - Bloom in Champagne Bubbles

Has anyone done this, thinking of doing it? I saw it on one of the wedding shows last weekend and thought it was kind of cute and different but maybe it's weird and tacky? What are your thoughts?

http://www.wildhibiscus.com/
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Tracker

Re: Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup - Bloom in Champagne Bubbles

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think these are cute. My FMIL has this tea she serves when she has people over that has a flower that blooms in it, it's really fun.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think thats cute but our reception is doing champagne with strawberries! I wonder if I can do this idea for our wedding? Very cute! Not tacky at all imo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy you guys are liking this so far! How would you go about letting the guests know what is in their champagne?
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea!  my fmil gets this sometimes at Kings supermarket when its on sale. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i saw that too! I thought it was a cool idea
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think they're pretty, but don't know how many people would eat them, or not want them in their drink. I like it though, and they aren't as expensive as I thought they were going to be.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really cute, idea. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're going to do this, FI is allergic to strawberries so it makes it slightly more exciting than just plain champagne glass.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea, but I can see how some people might be weirded out by having a thing floating in their drink.  But I'm sure your venue will be able to provide champagne sans flower to those who want that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard about this.  It looks nice, I guess, but it kind of weirds me out.  I just envision taking a sip of champagne and having a bunch of wet and slimy flower petals flop into or against my mouth.  I'm getting a bit skeeved just thinking about it, haha.  I'm not even a huge fan of strawberries in champagne.

But, to each his own!  :-)
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards