New Jersey

my introduction

Hi Ladies- 

I know I have been posting a lot lately so I want to introduce myself quickly. I currently live in Hoboken but will be getting married at the Sterling Ballroom at the Doubletree in Tinton Falls (I grew up in that area) on August 25, 2012. We just booked the date on Sunday. My FI proposed to me in Aruba on our 1-year anniversary 2 weeks ago. 

This is his second marriage (he has 2 kids from his previous marriage) and my first marriage. I am Jewish and he is Catholic. To complicate matters more, he currently lives in CT! The ceremony will be a Jewish ceremony and we will be including his kids as well as my niece and nephews into everything. You will probably be seeing a lot more posts from me since I have no clue what I am doing and am panicing that y wedding will be here before I know it and I have nothing done! I will be going dress shopping on Sunday, and I guess having a venue booked is  big check. Now to get everything else done!

Re: my introduction

• chilover27chilover27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagment!!!  Don't stress to much everything will fall into place trust me.  theknot website has been a huge help to me!  happy planningSmile

Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  We are here to help :-)
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Congrats and wow, what a nice place to get proposed to.  Do not worry about time.  It goes really in order I think: Budget, # people, venue/ceremony. Then the fun stuff: DJ, photog, video, flowers, dress, BM dresses, decorations, Invites/STDs, and decorations come as you wish. 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and Happy Planning. Time does tend to speed up as soon as you set on "the date"; however, if you go in with a game plan, it tends to be a truly enjoyable ride. And it doesn't hurt to have a lot of advice and support from the lovely people on this site.
    ~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome and congratulations!!  You're right having a venue booked is a huge check.  This is a great board for ideas, advice, or a place to be stressed :)  Enjoy planning and let us know how dress shopping goes!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome...
    I love seeing other Jewish/Catholic interfaith couples.. I am Catholic and my fi is Jewish.  I think it's fun, double the holidays :)

I'm originally from Hoboken, if you need any reccos down in the area let me know.  Have fun planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome!!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I am looking forwrd to spending the next 9 months with you all :)
  • edited December 2011
    welcome aboard! this board is so helpful!  where in aruba?  we are thinking aruba for our honeymoon!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & happy planning!!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome :)
  • edited December 2011
    @KH- we proposed at The Old MMan and the Sea. We met in Aruba a year earlier (crazy, right). It's kind of a funny story how we met, and long but here is hte abridged version: I was in the hot tub with 2 of my girlfriends (it was 2 p and raining, 2 pm is also Happy Hour and Bingo). He comes walking over with 2 pina coladas and asks if he can join us for hot tub bingo! I honestly wanted to hook him up with another girl that was with us (but was shopping)... needless to say we ran in to each other at a bar in town that night and have been together ever since :)
    If you go to Aruba, let me know- my FI and I have both been going there (separately) for 10 years now and I can give you TONS of info about the hotels and what to do, where to eat, etc..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards