New Jersey
Options

Bridal Shower Host Gifts?

Hey girls,

Question, I know you are supposed to get the host of your bridal shower a gift but if the shower is a surprise, when are you supposed to give it to them? AND if the shower is thrown by your MOH and BMs is this gift different than the traditional gifts they receive?

Re: Bridal Shower Host Gifts?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can either put together their gifts ahead of time and give it to someone (your mom, sister, MOH) to take to the shower so you can give it to the hostesses; or you can just give it to them after the shower.

At the very least, I would definitely write them each a heartfelt thank you note. Anything beyond that is up to you. And, yes, I would make it separate from their thank you gift for being your BMs.

I've seen a lot of brides give things like umbrellas or shower gels with bath poofs, with a tag that says "May all your showers be as nice as the one you gave me!" or something like that. You could also do flowers or potted plants, chocolates, wine, a book, gift card, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm probably not any help, but I've never heard of giving a 
    gift(s) to the host(s) of a bridal shower. 

• Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I didn't realize realize you give a gift to the hostess for a bridal shower either.  But then again, I've only been to one bridal shower - which was my own 2 weeks ago.  Couldn't the gift for the wedding count towards the bridal shower as well?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think just a note is fine, personally. Just mentioning some things that other people do.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]I'm probably not any help, but I've never heard of giving a  gift(s) to the host(s) of a bridal shower.  .
    Posted by allymp13[/QUOTE]

eh, me neither.  nor did i receive anything when i hosted.  whoops. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the weddings I have been in and hosted bridal showers I didnt receive a gift.  Nor did I give a gift after my shower.  I would just do what your circle of friends and family does.  
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent them all flowers the day after the shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent ever recieved a gift but i think its a nice touch.  I would probably send them something after with a nice thank you note or give it to my mother or aunt for the day of. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never really knew you were "supposed" to but I did write them all a heartfelt thank you note.  In addition, I took my MOH out for sushi, my treat - not that it's a huge 'gift' but I did say it was my thank you to her for throwing a great shower
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're "supposed to". I didn't. I just wrote a really nice thank you card to them afterwards.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only hosted my cousin's bridal shower as her maid of honor. Her husband brought me and her sister (the other maid of honor) a dozen roses at the end of the party. She knew about the shower though.
  • Options
    jessikaylajessikayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the replies.
    Maybe "supposed to" was the wrong choice of words on my part. I just know I have seen it and was wondering what the proper etiquette was.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards