New Jersey
Options

Recommend a DJ/MC

I have everything else booked but the DJ/MC, I'm having the hardest time deciding since to me this is what makes the party.  I want an MC that will keep everyone entertained all night and a DJ that can feel out the party and people and play the right music. I also will get the uplighting so I want to make sure the company we decide on is good at it. I looked at so many websites and heard them at bridal shows but still can't decide. Please help, thank you!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Tracker

Re: Recommend a DJ/MC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Elite Sound Entertainment and they gave us the uplighting for an extra $500 I think. I'd have to look out our contract. But, they were really nice and we met with the guy who will be our DJ the day of our wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to WeddingWire.com and put in Dj's in your zip code.

Then read all the reviews and decide.  It became pretty obvious to me who I wanted to meet with after that.  There are some N.J. DJ's on there that tons of great reviews and no bad ones.  That did it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have read tons of reviews but for some reason I worry that they're "planted" reviews by family members and friends of the company. I want someone to tell me they actually used someone and loved them and everything was how they wanted. My fiance use to work for a DJ company and he said that all you see on the website and at the Bridal Show is the best they can offer and than they send however out to the event. I know I have an option to pick whom I want to actually be there but how do I know the person is good unless I've seen them perform, or know someone that has....I'm making this so difficult, sorry.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also relied heavily on weddingwire.com  I do not think 40 reviews could all be planted - plus that's a terrible business practice.  I will be using Colorblind, and I found them off weddingwire
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i 2nd elite sound entertainment....
    i know my review wasn't planted
    our dj was a bit full of himself, but totally backed it up.....and i went to another wedding that used them, and they were fantastic....
    i know they offer uplighting, but i can't help you with the pricing on that....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best of Both Worlds Entertainment
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Elite is on my list, I also liked ESP, did anyone use them? Also Primetime....Thank you Ladies!
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into DJMC from Belleville, excellent reputation of being professional, experienced, and fun. Mike, the owner, is VERY nice and easy to talk to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Rob from Colorblind Productions and he was great.  You can read my review here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just booked an appoitment with Elite Sounds, and they're next down over! Very excited!!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dash of class and if you can use vito. i recently went to a wedding and wasn't too impressed with elite
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.dashofclass.com/service_movie_mainpg.htm

Dash of Class with Vito, I have it written in my contract for him specifically.  Also got the uplighting through them and video, reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards