New Jersey
Options

Any one have, is having or has been to weddings at Holiday Inn or any other hotels?

My question is.. is it more affordable as far as packages? Is it tacky, i have seen pictures of the Holiday Inn in Pearl River and they look lovely but I don't know. I'm really looking to pay about or under 90pp including tax and everything. I'm willing to get married any time of the year to save money, and open to friday and sunday weddings(in the night, not afternoon). I have 150 people, well actully 180 but im taking out 30 that might possibly decline don't know if that just wishful thinking :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any one have, is having or has been to weddings at Holiday Inn or any other hotels?

• Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    * I meant Hilton!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Radisson in Freehold.  I booked there because I really wanted a place for my guests to stay after the wedding because I have a lot of OOT guests.  The price was comparable to other venue I looked at that were stand alone and hotels.  Some were higher priced and some were lower.  I have seen pictures of other weddings that took place there and i think they were far from tacky. 

For your price range you need to probably find places in the 70 per person range.  Some hotels may be abe to accomodate this price.  Also some banquet halls like the Bridgewater manor may be able to as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at the Hamilton Park Hotel in Florham Park. They offer rates from $99-$123/pp on Saturday evening, so Im sure you could get closer to your price range on another day/time and out of season (we are getting married next June)

I went back and forth with a hotel wedding. The fact that everyone can stay there is awesome. Having a bar right there for an after party I loved as well. They dont have as much of the traditional wedding stuff like staircases/candielers, etc that some banquet halls have, but they have a beautiful garden for pictures, lovely more modern interior, etc. So there are pluses and minuses. For us, we have a large amount of out of town guests, so we felt this would be the best option.

I have been to hotel weddings before and they can be great. It really depends where it is. We looked at another hotel and the setup was awful. So I would just recommend looking around
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I inquired with the Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights, and they negotiated with me and gave me a package that was $90 including tax and tip for a date in March 2010. Eight passed hors d'oeuvres, a pasta station and an antipasto station for cocktail hour; pasta, salad, beef/chicken duet entree for dinner; wedding cake and chocolate fountain for dessert; beer, wine and liquor open bar.  

This was all over e-mail, we never went to see the place because we found something we liked elsewhere.

The only NJ hotel wedding I've attended was at the Hyatt in Morristown (back when it was Headquarters Plaza) and that was very nice.
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls Im just weigh out all my option right now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jes&MarJes&Mar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ffbride_0813, you have a private message.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards