New Jersey

DIY Project Done! PIP

I finished the cardbox over the weekend and I'm really happy with the way it came out. The frame in front with have 'Cards' on it in a simple script font. What do you ladies think?

Re: DIY Project Done! PIP

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it, but I wouldnt put the word "cards"on the front.  Maybe Thank you if anything.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diy-project-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:50cd3636-5f11-4f6b-bf6c-3ba471045a10Post:7f6a174b-4720-4c12-b7e6-9b11d8dd70c6">Re: DIY Project Done! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it, but I wouldnt put the word "cards"on the front.  Maybe Thank you if anything.
    Posted by Danes983[/QUOTE]

<div>I just didn't want guests to bypass it and not know that's where the cards went. Your suggestion is valid too. Something to think about.</div>
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks awesome!  I agree with Danes about having cards in front.  Most people should get the hint, and if not they'll just give them to you and you can put them in.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Looks great! I agree with the girls. I don't know if I would put the word "cards" on it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Surprising... when I made my cardbox and posted pics of it on these boards, almost every person told me to put "cards" on it...
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont see anything wrong with putting 'cards' on it. I mean you are leaving it on a table, its not like you are going around with it in your hands asking for cards. I guess to each her own LOL BTW looks soooo cute.
  • ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great!  How did you make it?  I'm all about the DIY projects!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_diy-project-done-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:50cd3636-5f11-4f6b-bf6c-3ba471045a10Post:c343446d-a0fc-4d7e-aee8-62bc21cf347d">Re: DIY Project Done! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks great!  How did you make it?  I'm all about the DIY projects!
    Posted by ginabean82[/QUOTE]

<div>I just went to the local craft store by my house, Michael's, and purchased 3 different size paper mache boxes. I cut out the bottom of the small box, the top and bottom of the medium box, and the top of the large box. I did leave an edge so I could glue all the pieces together. Once dry, I primed the boxes and then painted over them. I then picked up ribbon and two flowers to decorate the boxes. It was pretty easy. </div>
  • gia0404gia0404 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks great!
    Do you know what kind of paint you used? I have 24 days left & didn't find a card box yet. I think this will be my Saturday project!
    *****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards