New Jersey
Options

Poll: Let's see how many related ones we can do haha

Another doing the deed question... and maybe in your comments say if you felt you were too young or if you thought you waited too long, or just right.
*~allie~*

Re: Poll: Let's see how many related ones we can do haha

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had just turned 16.... and I was definitely too young. I regret it, but oh well I guess.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. And now I look at 16 year olds and I think OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING?!? I was so young!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I was 18, I wanted to wait for a steady relationship.  I casually dated in high school but nothing serious enough to give up my V card.  I'm glad I waited, no regrets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had waited. It was only a month into the relationship and it was not good. I cried. And after a month or two of doing it I told him I wasn't ready and we stopped all together. Oddly enough same thing happened with FI. But we waited 6 months (I was 17, he was 18 at the time) and I thought I was ready. Then, I went a little nutty and we didn't do anything for like 2 months. After that hiatus I was good to go and have been good to go since haha. I've only slept with those 2 people
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_poll-lets-see-many-related-ones-can-haha?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:51b03ea0-986d-42ad-9063-9948a4389cefPost:790b9889-9603-485d-9f53-feefbbd9d942">Re: Poll: Let's see how many related ones we can do haha</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I had waited. It was only a month into the relationship and it was not good. I cried. And after a month or two of doing it I told him I wasn't ready and we stopped all together.
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]
    Wow, same with me. I was 17 and the guy I was dating at the time was 20. Looking back I <em>really</em> wish I had waited. For some stupid reason I felt like I had to "catch up" to all my friends who had already had sex. Dumb.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my grand tradition of TMI, here is my share:
    I was 19. It was my college semi formal and I just decided it was time. So, I made a plan to lose it with my "Dawson".... my best guy friend who was also my semi date.
    I knew a lot of people end up losing their V to someone they never talk to again, and I wanted it to have a certain component of *specialness*. He was my best friend, and we are still close to this day... though in a very different capacity, of course!
    I like to think of losing my V as my own special combnation of "Dawsons Creek" meets "90210"... what with the whole formal reference and all. =)
    And no, I don't regret it. I think the timing / choices were just right.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Heather. I was 18 - he was a boyfriend, I think he was 23 at the time?  We lost it to each other. Our relationship never worked out actually -but as friends, I still adore him.  He is fabulous.
    That said, I was in an over a yr relationship in HS and almost gave it up at 16 but was too scared.  I regretted it alot since we had such a good relationship - but that ex BF never speaks to me - soooooo guess it was good I didn't give it up ;)
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was 16 and just like akmack i regret it too but what can you do now
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I was 16.  We were sophs in HS and we had been dating like 5 months.  I dont regret it at all.  I was completely in love and we ended up dating for our entire time in HS and even time after.  For a total for 4 years.  He didnt go to college and when I did, I realized I was more of his mom than his gf. I was really tried of taking care of him. (he came from a broken family and his mom had no $, I would buy his clothes, food, drive him places and I even helped him with homework) To this day he will always have a huge place in my heart. 
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I was 21 and I am glad that I waited and can say the only person I have ever experienced that with is my FI.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kind of regret how it happened -- we were both ridiculously, blackout drunk (like probably top 10 most drunk of my life, and I've had some ROUGH nights) and we had never talked about it or anything.  (This was with my husband, btw.)   And my roommate (MOH!) was in the dorm room at the time -- sorry!  (As I said, RIDICULOUSLY drunk.)  But I'm not someone who could deal with overplanning it -- going to a fancy hotel room with candles and rose petals after a special dinner is definitely definitely definitely not my/our style, and I think I would have been a nervous wreck/would have felt extremely awkward if we had had the "I think we should have sex soon" "Me too" "How about next Saturday?" "Okay, I guess I'll go buy condoms?" discussion.

I wish it had been kind of in-between -- not premeditated, but in the heat of the moment when we were both less than out of our minds wasted.

But the age isn't a regret at all -- just the circumstances.
    (Note: I may DD this later)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was 17, I don't regret the age but I do regret the person. He was an a$$ and made my life miserable and pressured me into it. It totally made me a crazy person for a while, but FI understood and thats all that matters.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was young, not even 16...I regret it, I don't regret the person, because no matter what he was always my first love, though I found my true love later, I actually regret others (even though I dated everyone I did the deed with for at least 2 years) I should have waited and if I EVER found out my niece god can't even finish that...
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were both 20 - as I said earlier, to each other. We'd pretty much done everything but, and then I just said, "Aw, ef it." FI was wonderful - he was the one who asked me, "Are you SURE?" several times... and then he created a monster! I can't get enough of the man.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just right--- As i said before, FI was my 1st so I def don't regret it.
  • Options
    jshorebridejshorebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was 18 and I regret the time and who it was with, I had this vision that I wanted to be in a serious relationship for at least awhile before it would happen, and I was just so desperate to lose it, that it was with an on and off dirtbag boyfriend, it was in no way like it should've been. I so should've waited longer, but things happen for a reason. I say I should've waited longer than 18 then I hear of girls nowadays having sex with multiple partners unprotected at 14...crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really regret the person, but how it happened I do. I was 17, just a day before my hs graduation. He was a really good friend and I trusted him but I had always pictured something romantic like in the movies, which was pretty much the exact opposite of what I got!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards