New Jersey
Options

For those who are delaying/did delay honeymoon...

When booking your flight, did you use your maiden name or married name? We are going on our honeymoon a month after the wedding and I don't know how it would work if I booked under my maiden name but had my name changed by then? TIA!
*~allie~*

Re: For those who are delaying/did delay honeymoon...

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't delay my HM, but the short answer is that it would probably be much easier to not change your name (if you're planning to do so) until you get back.

If the name on your reservation doesn't match your ID/passport, it is my understanding that it is up to the individual TSA agent to decide whether a marriage license is sufficient to account for the discrepancy. Basically if you get someone who feels like being a jerk, it could cause delays and stress and they do have the right not to let you on (although I can't really imagine it would happen).

Also, if you have a frequent flier account and fly under a different name, you may not get the miles for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did a cruise and cruises are very specific and detailed and expect the name on the reservation to match up with the passport.
    I had originally booked under my married name assuming i would handle all of my business within the 6 months..but of course i procrastinated and only got my SS# changed.  All it took was a simple call to the reservations # to change my info.

Either way I think you will be fine..if you do it with your married name and dont end up changing it then just call them and fix it. It shouldnt be a problem!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies... thought that would be the logical response but didn't know if others just made the reservation using their married names but knowing me i prob won't get to changing everything over immediately anyways.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks- i'll probably be a procrastinator with it too! and not sure if a month was even enough time to get things done
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, a month is not enough time to guarantee that you will be able to get all your documents legally changed.  I did a delayed HM, but it was 3 months later, so I booked in my married name and had everything changed by then. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacey,  there is a fee to change any name on airline tickets. Just an fyi.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooohhh yea thats true!  We didnt fly...my bad...lol

ignore my calm advice.  Book in your maiden name and change your name after the honeymoon...lol

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards