New Jersey
Options

S/O 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels

Christine- thought I'd start another thread for you.

Love love the 30 Day shred! I just wish I continued with it. But when I do it, although it's so short, I feel like I got a good workout in (especially on the 2nd level). I have her other DVDs too and they all seem to be just as good, i just like the quickness of the 30 day shred. Good luck and let me know how you like it!

Edit: Anyone else do it? Reviews?
*~allie~*

Re: S/O 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought it, but have yet to try it out yet. I need to  make a good work out space to do it. Heard great things though!
  • Options
    grace_anngrace_ann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did it a while ago and it was awesome - I just started it up again last week - I think it definately does a lot for such a short workout
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think for such a short workout - it is a fabulous series!!!   Did you try the Yoga version yet of 30 day shred? Not so crazy about that one
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been doing it regularly from February and I love it...FI does it now too...I definitely see results and I am not dieting per se. I also have No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, which are longer and booty kickers as well...I try to do them on the weekends and the 30 DS during the week.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Am I even allowed to post on this while eating Tostitos?

I love the 30 day shred, and def the 2nd level is best. I also like Walk Away the Pounds even though the lady is a little nutsy.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to do 30 day shred, but got off of it for a while. I need to get it out and get my butt in gear! FI's cousin also just burned P90X for us, so we're looking forward to giving that a try. Although, we hear it kicks your butt in a big way, which is probably why we have been dragging our feet to get started.
  • Options
    Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I heard great things about it in the past but never tried it. Maybe I should start.... =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it my arms looked great for my wedding. I need to get back on the work-out wagon
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_30-day-shred-jillian-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5479b135-c75f-4355-821d-b278bf95f779Post:190220f4-512c-4875-af94-39717b17c9e5">Re: S/O 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought it, but have yet to try it out yet. I need to  make a good work out space to do it. Heard great things though!
    Posted by matiffbengy11[/QUOTE]

The most room you need is the length of your body when you lie down to do the ab workout and enough room to do jumping jacks.  I don't have much room in my living room and was still able to do it just fine.

I need to start doing the Shred again.  I was doing it alot before the wedding, but now I've lost my routine since we moved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_30-day-shred-jillian-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:5479b135-c75f-4355-821d-b278bf95f779Post:865ac43b-11c7-45fb-b080-ba553835bbaa">Re: S/O 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to do 30 day shred, but got off of it for a while. I need to get it out and get my butt in gear! FI's cousin also just burned P90X for us, so we're looking forward to giving that a try. Although, we hear it kicks your butt in a big way, which is probably why we have been dragging our feet to get started.
    Posted by jtheiss[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>So my FI and I did 90 days of P90X ...Fi lost 10 pounds and I lost bout 5, which is alot for both of us - but it was VERY VERY intense and we followed the diet plan pretty strictly.</div>
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is P90X and while I'm asking questions, what does S/O in the post title mean? :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is funny i just got mine in TODAY! can someone explain it to me is it 10 day on each level or do you alternate or ?.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    edited December 2011
    I'm up to level 3 on 30DS and have lost 20lbs and I am in the best shape EVER.  I've never been toned or anything but I'm starting to see definition all over.  I usually do a 30 minute elliptical workout after the DVD.  I haven't been dieting at all just making healthy choices (no fast food or processed foods).  I love Jillian for creating this video.  Level 3 is really hard though and I effin hate every second of it but it's worth it. 

I'm not sure if my weight loss is really accurate since I definitely gained a lot of muscle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_30-day-shred-jillian-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5479b135-c75f-4355-821d-b278bf95f779Post:b008e189-a850-44a8-b0f3-7e1650353f8a">Re: S/O 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is funny i just got mine in TODAY! can someone explain it to me is it 10 day on each level or do you alternate or ?.
    Posted by NJgurl19[/QUOTE]

I didn't do 10 days on each level, I took my time and only moved up a level when I felt like I was ready for more.  I generally spent 20-25 days per level.  Now I'm on level 3 which I do almost daily and I do mix it up with some of Jillian's other videos & my elliptical.  Also I increased the weights from 3lbs to 5lbs to get a better workout but only when I felt I was ready. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards