New Jersey
Options

Dress is In - Upset over Problem!!!!!

So I just got a call from my bridal shop.  My dress is in Yay - right - NO. Dress was ordered with a different top seam to be a sweetheart neckline.  This was not done.  This was my biggest fear - they said the seamstress can do it in the shop, but I don't want a sweetheart that's crooked.  I am sad.

I realize that this is a silly thing in the big "real world" scheme of things, but in my own little bride world this is big :(

Re: Dress is In - Upset over Problem!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wedding, Dressmy dress and the shape of top it was supposed to have
    Wedding, Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011

The seamstress in the shop did my sweetheart neckline.  It came out fine!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trust me I would be really annoyed too, i *really* hate when things that are supposed to be done aren't, especially if I paid for it. But I do think a good seamstress should have no problem turning that into a sweetheart neckline. And this goes without saying but obviously she would be doing those alterations free of charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yours does look great, but I want a deeper one, and i just don't know how that is going to go. I was soo specific to make sure they ordered it correctly and yada yada.  It also has boning in it.  I just don't need anything extra to worry about.

My dad has been in the hospital 3 times in the last month for various reasons and now we are waiting to see if he has cancer.  This is important - not my dress.  Trust me!  But I always get upset over the little thing (the things I THINK i can control). I just need the little things to go right so I can focus on the important things.
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it can be done...shouldn't be a problem...just leave enough time just in case they have to make corrections.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand exactly what you are saying.  And while in the grand scheme of things it's a little thing, those are the kinds of things that just add up. 1 big thing is difficult enough but you add in all the little stuff and it becomes too much.  Completely understand the annoyance.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I m sorry. I am sure it will turn out great!  have faith.  If its terrible we will form a knottie boycott if you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you - no knottie boycot necessary.  I really like my bridal shop.  i am just allowing myself to be stressed.  It will pass - actually after posting I felt better :)

I just have a lot on my mind.  Who doesn't - right!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dress has a sweetheart necline and if it came it wrong I would be very upset. Thankfully they said they can fix it and as long as you tell them exactly what you need done they should be able to do it just ask them to take care of it asap just in case it comes out "crooked" and needs to be redone. And as someone mentioned you shouldn't pay for the alterations and maybe even get a discount or a free veil or purse?

Also, I hope everything turns out OK with your dad.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand your annoyance!  Just make sure to have them work on it asap you know it will be the way you want it.  Good luck with your dad!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kristin, I understand being so close and then worrying about your father.  I really hope your dad is ok  and will send positive thoughts and prayers for him and all his loved ones. 

As for the dress, a good seamstress can do wonders.  This is what they do--no fear girl!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey doll!  I would be pissed too, trust me, its a major annoyance!  If you are at TL, do not worry about the seamstress, she is AMAZING, I would complain though to the shop, just keep telling them!

Good luck with your dad too hun, if you need someone to talk to im here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies - Love this board.  Just found out about an hour ago - my dad doesn't have lung cancer.  He does have lung fibrosis and we need to learn more.  But no cancer is all I needed to hear for now.  I know how quickly that can take a loved one away.  Thank you for your thoughts.

Re my dress - I went to the shop and tried it on -eh.  We will have to see what the seamstress can do.  I am not going to freak out about it.  I did find out that they ordered the wrong colored fg dress so that pissed me off.  But I am calling them tomorrow and having them order the right one.  iT IS WHAT IT IS!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards