New Jersey
Options

Gift for FSIL's wedding

So I have no idea what to get them...

FSIL is 19 and her FI is 18, he's in the marines and *might* be deployed within the next two months to Afganistan. He's supposed to get leave for a week sometime in April and thats when their JOP wedding will happen.

I want to get them something but I have no idea what. There's no registry, and since we have no idea what day they'll even get married I can't do a generic Things Remembered engraved wedding thing.

I want to spend up to $75. Any ideas?

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Gift for FSIL's wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, maybe  a webcam if they don't already have one? This way they can see each other while he's away.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I kind of like the idea of getting something they could use while he is away.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a gift certificiate to a nice restaurant, so they can have a nice meal together before he leaves (or when he returns).

Could you pay for her dress, shoes or get her a cute handbag for the JOP wedding? Or maybe buy her a piece of jewelry to wear?

Or, along the lines of the webcam, maybe a phone card? Is Skype something that you can pre-pay for? (I have no idea how it works.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They both have loptops and use Oovoo, otherwise a webcam would have been perfect.

We have really different taste, so whatever jewelry I picked she'd probably hate.

I'll look into that phone card thing, that would be awesome because who knows what kind of internet he'd have there.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a daughter of a marine, I would have loved the ability to talk or view online conversations with my father, I think both of the posts above are absolutely great ideas!

Another option would be a gift certificate (although I really prefer not to go that route) to the military base store. This store is a duty free store and generally everything is discounted below market price a bit. Most military families shop there for most of there goods. You can order them online through AAFES at the below website

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about we steer away from all thing marines (yes we have some of those in our family) and just treat them like a normal married couple? Get then like $75 to bed bath beyond?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not just cash? This is what I've given for every single wedding ever.

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Jen - Cash is always my favorite gift to receive!
  • Options
    Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A video camera or a digital camera to record memorable events that he may not be there to see.

• Options
    Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the Flip is inexpensive and I think you can download the videos directly to youtube. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I like the flip idea.

I don't want to give them BBB gift cards since she'll still be living at home so it would be a waste.

I just don't want to give cash, there will be maybe 10 people at the wedding so I'd rather give a "wedding present" than just money. I usually give money, which is why this is annoying.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say a Flip too.  
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a gift certificate for a really nice restaurant in the area.  Or maybe a gift certificate for a Bed & Breakfast somewhere within an hour or so.  It doesn't sound like they have a honeymoon planned so this might be nice for them to do a night away somewhere. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards