New Jersey

Recurring Wedding Dreams are getting annoying

I feel totally on track with all of the planning.  We're getting married in September and everything major is done.  I don't get why I keep having the same kind of dream that wakes me up at 5 or 6 AM a few times a week.  It's always the day of and I'm never ready and end up walking down the aisle either in jeans, with my hair a mess, or am scrambling to get myself together and I'm late for the ceremony. The most recent one I was hanging around with family the day of (in someone's living room) and looked at my watch and it was 20 minutes past when the ceremony was supposed to start.  I was in sweats. What sucks is that I am so revved up when I wake up that I can't go back to sleep!  I don't feel stressed or bothered by any of the planning during the day, so my subconscious is starting to piss me off.  
Photobucket

Re: Recurring Wedding Dreams are getting annoying

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_recurring-wedding-dreams-getting-annoying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:56e54e56-78ba-4791-ae5d-c17eb08ea31aPost:780ad2d9-e459-45ff-8274-a437b6b3a3b1">Recurring Wedding Dreams are getting annoying</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's always the day of and I'm never ready and end up walking down the aisle either in jeans, with my hair a mess, or am scrambling to get myself together and I'm late for the ceremony.
    Posted by jchristel[/QUOTE]
    I have these dreams ALL the time!!! :(
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I keep having those types of dreams too.  It's so annoying. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. You know what it is? Even though your done with all the big things- it's all the small details that your thinking about when you go to sleep.
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my first one last night! I was all ready to go except my hair person was late! So my hair was a mess and the weird part is that my hair is the first thing that will be done the day of! LOL I guess this is normal, I feel better now that you posted that.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    I used to have one where I was wearing some dress that was sooo long on me, no shoes, no hair/makeup... it was funny actually to see what I was worrying about. I haven't had one in probably a month or two though. At one point (right around when I first started coming on here) I was having them 3-4 times a week. You girls made me realize there was SO much more to do that I didn't think of. haha. It's normal, but annoying!
    *~allie~*

• jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allie-  I was wondering if all of my time on here was contributing to the dreams.  Maybe reading about everyone else's stuff is keeping it all fresh in my mind? :)

I sent you a PM the other day...
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_recurring-wedding-dreams-getting-annoying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:56e54e56-78ba-4791-ae5d-c17eb08ea31aPost:c1e0611f-7cb4-42fb-9142-bf034031a704">Re: Recurring Wedding Dreams are getting annoying</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allie-  I was wondering if all of my time on here was contributing to the dreams.  Maybe reading about everyone else's stuff is keeping it all fresh in my mind? :) I sent you a PM the other day...
    Posted by jchristel[/QUOTE]

It absolutely is!

Just read your PM (hate that there is no "hey look here you have a new message!" lol)- love it. I was so annoyed by that. anytime anyone says something idiotic like that I'm like ughhhhh.
    *~allie~*

• edited December 2011
    Totally agree that it is annoying.  Last night I had a dream that I decided to marry my best friend instead, and i kept the wedding date and everything, just changed the name of the groom LOL. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have these dreams all the time too, and I'm still more than a year out!  I just attribute it to the stress of planning.  In my dreams, I always either forgot to book a photographer, or I never bought a dress, or I didn't get a person for hair/makeup, or I'm late for the ceremony...etc!  Glad to know I'm not alone.
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had another one last night, but it wasn't bad.  I was trying on my dress, except it wasn't my dress.  It was horrible and looked like a mess.  I was there with my MOH and kept saying, "I don't like it" and then we remembered my real dress and I was happy again. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards