New Jersey
Options

City Girls

What do you usually do on your lunch break (if you take one)? I usually bring my lunch and just eat at my desk most days, but once it gets warm- today- I love going for walks. Central Park is a block away and it's amazing how many people come out once it starts to get warm!

Re: City Girls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on if I actually take a lunch. I'm in Times Square, which can either be a blessing or the worst thing ever. When it's nice out I'll take a walk, window shop or go eat my lunch in Bryant Park (or in the middle of Times Square now that they have tables and chairs). It's not often that I leave my desk though...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been bringing lunch to save $ and be mindful of my calories.  But usually I will take a walk... or meet a friend for lunch (cough cough kle!)

I'm in the financial district which is quite boring and not many shops so walking it is!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I steer clear of Times square at all costs, lol. I have ZERO patience for tourists, people who walk slow etc. I work on the upper east side so I'll usually go for a walk in the park or down Madison Ave and window shop at all the stores I'd never be able to afford :) Gossip Girl films their outside high school scenes 4 blocks from my office, and I shamefully admit that I've gone to watch filming a few times :(
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I normally bring my lunch (I'm down in chelsea) but I try and run errands to the drug store or run out for an iced tea. Though in Friday my coworker and I are having Ice Cream for lunch!
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when I worked in midtown I used to walk through Central Park.  Now I am downtown in World Financial Center, so I walk by the water.  I actually just came back in from doing that.  It's soooo nice out.  Def. didn't want to come back in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    Okay this may sound like a stupid question but do you guys get gross when you walk on your lunch break? I work in the suburbs but I'd love to take walks during lunch but I'm always afraid I'll come back all nasty.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No we do not get gross walking around for lunch.  It is actually really nice...I work downtown and usually bring my lunch, but when it is a nice day out we will go for walks or I will meet a friend for lunch (lola).  We walk down by the water and look at the Statue of Liberty or just walk around the park and then up broadway.  It's a really nice walk.  I can also walk to the seaport and stare at the Brooklyn Bridge and just sit and look at the water.  It is actually really relaxing. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_city-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:578ddb6f-8bdb-4164-b3d2-1b47a93fde9bPost:3b7b90f4-7631-40ae-8c77-2ef9800435d6">Re: City Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]No we do not get gross walking around for lunch.  It is actually really nice...I work downtown and usually bring my lunch, but when it is a nice day out we will go for walks or I will meet a friend for lunch (lola).  We walk down by the water and look at the Statue of Liberty or just walk around the park and then up broadway.  It's a really nice walk.  I can also walk to the seaport and stare at the Brooklyn Bridge and just sit and look at the water.  It is actually really relaxing. 
    Posted by kle0113[/QUOTE]

i'm jealous! that sounds awesome
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What will make you feel dirty is the subway especially when it is crowded.  Walking around no way. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't get gross... it also depends on how hot it is. When its 90 degrees out I don't dare go for a walk but this weather today is perfect walking weather.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_city-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:578ddb6f-8bdb-4164-b3d2-1b47a93fde9bPost:b74b9fe9-958b-4499-8ae6-faf0b0c596ba">Re: City Girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]What will make you feel dirty is the subway especially when it is crowded.  Walking around no way. 
    Posted by kle0113[/QUOTE]
    Especially when it's super hot out and extra stinky. Can't wait for July!! haha.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always get takeout for lunch (hate the cafeteria), but always bring it back and eat at my desk.  Sometimes I'll take a Mister Softee break in the afternoon though and eat it outside (at the seats outside the building next to my building).

I go to Central Park a lot on the weekends though.  Drinking wine all day in Sheep's Meadow is one of my favorite summer activities.

And when I lived on the Upper East Side, I loved walking home through the park (on the few days that it was nice enough and I got out early enough).

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I wish we had a park a little closer to sit at. I would eat lunch outside all the time. I don't get gross when I walk but I also don't do a serious cardio walk. I do a more leisurely walk and I agree w/ pp I would never walk too far in 90 degree heat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I worked on Madison (near 34th street) my coworkers and I would either walk to Bryant Park, sit on the steps of NYPL, or in the park to eat.  I would sometimes meet my friend down in Madison Sq. Park too....nothing like eating lunch in a park.

Now that I work up in Westchester, I miss my park breaks (and shopping at Lord and Taylor at lunch).  As a teacher, you barely have enough time to eat anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards