New Jersey
Options

8/18/12 Wedding Reviews

Hi.  More of a lurker here but I figure I would do some reviews, especially since we had a small/intimate DIY wedding and you don't really see reviews for venues like that here.

Mohawk House Restuarant, Sparta, NJ - A +++.  We had a total wedding guest count of 20.  They treated us so well and were absolutely lovely and accomodating.  Everything was set up perfectly and reasonably priced.  We got married in front of their stone fireplace in the main room and the reception took place in the upstairs, cozy study.  The food was delicious.  The place is an absolute madhouse during a Saturday night with the bar and rest of the restaurant, but you couldn't hear it from where we were sitting at all.  Nor did it diminish the quality of service, either.  We were very impressed and happy with our choice.

Hilton Garden Inn , Rockaway, NJ - A - There was a mix-up with my room that required me to go downstairs to get it straightened out.  Other than that, the rooms itself were great.

Gina Brozon, makeup - A+++ - Absolutely wonderful.  My initial trial with her, I went in for regular make-up.  Then I went on a second trial a few days before my wedding for airbrush.  On the day of, she exceeded my expectations.  She was so lovely to my nephew and goofed around with him, even though he was running around causing havoc. 

Jeanine LaMacchia, hair - A+++ - I am so sensitive about my hair, and she was just fantastic.  Also just so lovely with my rambunctious nephew too. 

Elisabeth Millay, photography - No grade because I haven't gotten my photos yet.  She's a joy to be around, completely the sweetest person ever, and was so patient and funny with us.

Etsy vendor LoBoheme - A+++ - Very responsive.  She customized her "Frankie" bridal halo for me to match my dress based purely on pictures.  Really satisfied.

Etsy vendor SanPedro Cactus - A+++ - Extremely fast shipping and packed really well!  We used them to order cacti and succulents for our DIY centerpieces.

Etsy vendor Twigs and Honey - A - Honestly, she does lovely work and I know she's super busy.  But I had initially contacted her regarding a customized hairpiece.  After a few emails in which she was very responsive re: my questions, she did not respond again.  I ended up buying a ready-to-ship item that was, however, shipped the day of purchase, which was nice.  The quality of the workmanship is amazing though.  However, give yourself plenty of time if you want a customized hairpiece - or just buy a ready-made.

Etsy vendor Junghwa - A+++ - Super nice, super responsive, and super fast.  I bought some jewelry to go with my second dress, and I ended up not wearing the pieces except for the earrings, but the quality of her work and her customer service is excellent.

Etsy vendor Bohemianbouquet - A - Super nice and responsive at first.  She customized a bunch of succulent bouts and corsages.  However, she neglected to inform me when the products were shipped and I had to ask her if they had indeed shipped, then she sent me the shipping notice.  Also, for some reason it was set for guaranteed delivery two days before my wedding, but the post office didn't deliver it until the day before.  The bouts themselves were gorgeous, however, and came beautifully wrapped. 

Etsy vendor MeandMatilda - A - Bought a bowtie for my nephew here.  Pretty fast (about a week or so) and good selection.

Etsy vendor filigreepress - A+++ - Really fast and quality work.  I bought a personalized stamp address for making invitation making easier. 

Invitations - Cards and pockets - Fast, easy to deal with, great prices.  I printed my invites by myself on my home computer.

Invitations - LCI paper - Ditto.

I think that's it.  Good luck planning, ladies.  :)

Re: 8/18/12 Wedding Reviews

• Options
    So happy to hear about Hilton Garden Inn, we are using them too. Also using Jeanine LaMacchia, she's such a doll! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    skearns11skearns11 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Hi! I really hope you answer because I can't seem to find any other reviews for mohawk house. We are seriously considering it but they told us we can do either the full bar for 35 per head or a bar based on consumption where we'd get a tab at the end of the night which did you do? How did it work out? Only 40 of our guests are even semi heavy Drinkers so I'm leaning towards consumption but a bit nervous.
  • Options
    Hi! I really hope you answer because I can't seem to find any other reviews for mohawk house. We are seriously considering it but they told us we can do either the full bar for 35 per head or a bar based on consumption where we'd get a tab at the end of the night which did you do? How did it work out? Only 40 of our guests are even semi heavy Drinkers so I'm leaning towards consumption but a bit nervous.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards