New Jersey
Options

Wilshire Grand in West Orange...

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has been to/had a wedding @ the Wilshire Grand. We are seriously considering this venue for a 2011 wedding. Price seems right and I like the decor.

I went to the bridal show recently and enjoyed the cocktail food, but am curious as to the dinners there...

If you have any words of wisdom or tips, please let me know!! Kiss

Thanks,
Katie

Re: Wilshire Grand in West Orange...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    havent been to a wedding there, but visited in our venue search.  We didnt like the two level thing where half the room is higher up than the rest, it was too southbeachy for us.  also it was too expensive, they wanted like $150 pp, plus I remember their gratuity/service charge was really high like 22/23%. 

I liked that it was a hotel so guests dont have to worry about getting back to their room, but price was just way too high and didnt like that two level thing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there, it was beautiful and had a lot of food... but I didn't like any of it! They also ran out of my favorite liquor early in the night :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went there while looking for a venue and found it to be very over-priced.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We visited there but we didn't like the room they were going to put us in, we didn't have a high enough minimum for the nicer room.  They were also showing us around while there was an event going on which I thought was incredibly rude that we were walking in someone else's party.  It was also very over priced for what they were offering.  The Richfield Regency about 10 minutes away uses the same caterer.  My aunt has been there for weddings and says it's gorgeous and the food is great.  their price point is much cheaper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I NEVER post any more and happend to visit the chat board and saw your post. We had our wedding there June of 2007. They were AMAZING if I had to grade them Id give them an A+++++++++ Chris was the guy that we delt with. He stayed the entire night to make sure our night went off without a hitch. The food was amazing and I know this because they brought us a plate of each dinner offered. The cocktail hour was fantastic. Our guests still tell us almost 3 years later how good everything was. I highly recommend them.
      Our reception was in the largest ballroom they told us if we could guarentee 250 guests they would shut the hall down to just our party. Im not sure what the size of you wedding is but If you are that large ask about that. My cocktail hour was in the other ball room which worked out nicely. They had all tables set up on the main floor and tables on the other level. My guests loved that. We also had tables set up outside.
        I think you would love it there. GL with your search and if you have any other questions Ill give you my email. My name is Christine and my email is Chrissy715@verizon.net

• Options
    KdreifussKdreifuss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christine -

That is EXACTLY how we would have our wedding set up and we were told about the guarantee making the entire building ours, which is what I am shooting for.

Thank you so much for the info!! We go for our final meeting there on Saturday :)

-Katie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards