New Jersey
Options

BC - Anyone ever skipped your placebo week??

I just did my count down to the wedding and yippee, my "friend" is due to arrive the day before the wedding and not leave til the end of my honeymoon.
This cannot be.  If you have ever skipped your placebo week, how did it turn out - ok (I don't need in-depth details :)  I plan on calling my doc, but wanted some info from some real life ladies :)

TIA!!

Re: BC - Anyone ever skipped your placebo week??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to skip it and just start the next pack  right away because of my endometriosis so I wouldnt get my period ..lots of people do it but I would just check with your doctor that its ok that you do it
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen - how are you doing??  Haven't been on much and was wondering how everything is going.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many times (and I'm now on Seasonale, so I guess you can say I skip 2 out of 3 placebo weeks now!).  It works out okay, but there is usually some spotting for me.   Which is better than the alternative certainly!!!
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes but i would skip it ASAP don't wait till your "wedding friend" skip one before that way if there is any random spotting or cramping you can deal with it now and not on your wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am ok just in limbo I guess....doctor said if I stopped the progesterone pills I would start bleeding and miscarry that was a week ago  nothing has happened no cramps no bleeding......I go back for the final ultrasound tomorrow and already having anxiety over it....If I dont start to pass it on my own I will end up needing a D&C  I will need a lot of prayers and hugs to get through tomorrow I have a feeling its going to be a very tough day.
    The worst part is waiting I have been waiting almost 10 days to miscarry and knowing my pregnancy isnt viable which is one of the crueliest things you can do to someone who is pregnant.
    I wish she wouldve just told me it was measuring small and then I wouldve had at least another week to be "happy" and  pregnant
    thanks  for caring it does  mean alot to me I just dont look forward to calling my husband after that appointment even though we really already know the outcome
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I have skipped for vacations and stuff like that. I just notice my friend is heavier the following month and if I accidentially miss a day I spot for sure. 

Jen- I am so sorry for you. Please keep your head up. FMIL miscarried a few times and then had FI. I am sure you will have a beautiful baby.
  • Options
    lwolfflwolff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not on the pill but am on the ring. Because I get a lot of migraines, my doctor recommended that I get my friend only 4 times a year so I just start a new ring after my three weeks.

Ask your doctor but I don't see any issue with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My  heart goes out to you Jen.  I hope that everything goes as painlessly as possible (heart and body).  If you need to talk you can always email me or page me on FB.  I do believe that everything will work out for you - and I think when it happens it will be great.  **hugshugshugs**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.  I have 2 more "rounds" before the wedding, so I think I will go through this month and then skip next and wedding.  I will ask my dr. before I do anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ......I just cant wait to give the doctor a piece of my mind about how his associate treated me and tell him I am planning on switching practices......Hopefully it will be over quick and maybe we can start trying again in a few months
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it once or twice when i was on monthly birth control and it was fine. There was some spotting though.

I've been on Seasonique (formerly Seasonale) for years now and love it... only 4 periods a year!

Just FYI, and not sure if this happened to any other married girls out there... but i planned my period around my wedding (which was easy to do when you have a 3 month window) and i still got it for my wedding! It was light, but still! I was told it could have been all the stress that brought it on a month early.  :( 
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    Kris, I have never skipped mine but my doctor said it was ok to do once. I'm sure if you call your doctor's office they will give you the best advice.

Jen, so sorry to hear this. Keep your head up and know we will all be with you in thoughts at your appointment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I skipped mine for the honeymoon...worked perfectly...not spotting, nothing!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i've done it a few times for vacations and stuff...
    not a problem at all....
    but i wouldn't do it the pack right before the wedding....maybe when you get to them in this pack, just incase you do get spotting or anything....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kris, I was in the same situation as you so I skipped the placebo week and the week I started the new pack, I had my friend as if I was on the placebo's...and cramping was the worst I've ever experienced!!  But, the rest worked out as planned and I was friend-free for the wedding and honeymoon!!

Jen, I'm really sorry you're going through this...hugs, kisses and vibes your way.  You'll be in my thoughts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did once and had a bad experience. I went on a winter vacation and my friends commented on how I looked 3 months pregnant, this is how bloated I was...Needles to say I'm not doing that again, LOL. But everyone is different.  I'm just curious? Are you not a Sunday starter? If you are than if your wedding is on Saturday or Friday your friend should almost be gone? No???
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your doctor asap. Mine had me skip my placebo week, take the next pack for just 2 weeks, and then the placebos. Then start a brand new pack.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it no problem a few times for pageants... never spotted but my only down side was that the next months period was REALLY bad cramps like back in hs.
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it once for a vacation. I actually just switched weeks, instead of starting a new pack, but it was fine. My doctor said it's ok to do once or twice, but shouldn't be done often. Good luck!

Jen - Sending good vibes your way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have skipped it a few times and it is usually ok. I maybe had some spotting once and one time I didnt get my period the next month but everything turned out ok.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No - I am not a  Sunday Start, I skipped years ago and restarted on a Friday (don't know how), so I am a friday start!  Stupid really.

Thank you everyone. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards