New Jersey
Options

menu question

Do I need to put that there is a vegan option available on the menu card? We will be having at least one vegan attending the wedding.

Re: menu question

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Is it also the vegetarian meal? Or are they two separate meals?

I think that, if it's not a hassle, you could put "Vegetarian and vegan meals available upon request" or "Vegan [and therefore vegetarian] meal available upon request."

If it IS a hassle for whatever reason, I wouldn't worry about it. Tell your vegan friend ahead of time that there's a meal for them, and anyone else who happens to be vegan will likely mention it to the waiter.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be nice, or if you know who is vegan just tell them. I would put it on there though- maybe below it so it's not glaring at you.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mentioned vegetarian option on mine. I didn't put details because it wasn't really part of the choices but I just let them know that there was one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will try and add it if it fits. Just a vegan option, no idea what the meal will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put it on our menu.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would scrap it, unless it really is one of the choices.  I  know places offer it, but if for some reason 40 people order it, will they be prepared?

We didn't have room anyway, we just informed the person it was available upon request..
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I just created menus and on mine I put "Vegetarian options available"   For you ...maybe put "Vegan options available"
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't bother.  I get the vegetarian option 75% of the time when I'm at a wedding/other banquet situation.  It is never on the menu, but I know I can ask for it anyway.  I'm sure all vegetarians will know that venues can always whip something up.  I would tell your vegan friend ahead of time though that they'll be able to accomodate her so she won't worry.  Vegan can be hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops... I put "Vegetarian options available" not Vegan. If there is only one known vegan, I would just skip it. I had a bunch of vegetarians.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt have it on our menu

i had some vegans' at mine, and also had some guests who keep kosher and i know would not have eaten the meat choices, i told them to just ask for the veg meal and they would have something for them

most of my responses from these people were "cheryl, dont worry about us, we know already lol"

so im assuming they are used to asking by now...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 2 vegans, like 5 vegetarians, a couple of gluten free people.  Basically I put "vegetarian options available" for the gluten free I told them, and my venue and they made a special meal.

My Vegans weren't listening when I was saying there was an option.  Since you only have one I would just tell her, but if you can put it on, it would be good too just in case someone else has followed a new path lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards