New Jersey
Options

and I'm back...

Hi ladies.  I am back from my wedding and honeymoon. It's bittersweet to be back!

If anyone would like specific vendor reviews, send me a PM.  I'm not going to write them all out since most vendors were from NY.  Everything went perfect and I don't have one complaint.  The Venetian was fabulous.  My photographer (Memories of Me) was amazing.  Flowers (Flowers by Bernard) were gorgeous.  Hair & Makeup (House of Trends) rocked. Turks and Caicos was beyond paradise.

I did receive our marriage certificate in the mail.  From my googling efforts, it seems first I need to complete my name change at SSA then DMV.  Where do I go from there? Do I contact my bank and post office by phone?  Any tips would be great.

Re: and I'm back...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! You looked stunning in the pics I saw! Glad you honeymoon was great.

No idea on the other things- from what girls say here it doesn't really matter, but I've heard it's easier to go to SS first.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome back!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-back-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5c85a54a-cde5-4d46-a106-b42ba1c0913aPost:7d2339e1-23c4-4b03-945b-8a1918102c9b">Re: and I'm back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome back! You looked stunning in the pics I saw! Glad you honeymoon was great. No idea on the other things- from what girls say here it doesn't really matter, but I've heard it's easier to go to SS first.
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

And you looked gorgeous also!!! I'm sure your day went perfect. I'd need to backtrack some posts for it.

I'll be back, my car got a flat tire on the way after our wedding and finally we have time to fix it! Then I can scout out the name change locations.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome back!  and you def. need to go to social security before the DMV (in NY).  I learned this the hard way!  once you have those 2 things done, then you can go to the post, banks, credit cards, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back girl! I can only see one pic on your FB... Did you post more?!
    I think you have to go to SS before you change anything else so that you'll have your DL to prove the change. I would love to get started on that if my marriage certificate actually said I married my DH and not Jane Baurer. lmao.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Where did you stay in Turks and Caicos?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I would love to see pics!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!!

Where are these pics?? I want to see =)

I'm doing the name-change game tomorrow. SS, then DMV -- from there, who knows?
  • Options
    allie828allie828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on everything! As far as name changes...I went to DMV first and that was fine. I still have not gone to SS. I also changed the name on my credit cards online and they just sent me a new card. One of the companies required that I called them but it was really easy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rosie and Jen, if you send me pm your email or vice versa i'll add you on fb?

Jaime, I thought my aunt's whole album was "friends of friends". Bummer. So you can only see my profile pic? I'll have to add some when I get a disk from my fam.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_im-back-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5c85a54a-cde5-4d46-a106-b42ba1c0913aPost:7308a4a1-15ff-4a69-addc-6058ceae79f5">Re: and I'm back...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Where did you stay in Turks and Caicos?
    Posted by backyardbride2010[/QUOTE]

5 days at regent palms & 5 days at the grace bay club... thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea just your profile pic. boo. Post some when you can. I know it's tough - everyone from work keeps asking for pictures, and I have none!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards