New Jersey
Options

Clueless about centerpieces...

I was planning on making DIY manzanita branch centerpieces, but just received some samples from blooms and braches and they look hideous... like something I could have picked up in my yard that had been rotting there for a few months.  Initially I was just going to ask whatever florist I wind up using to do bouquets, but now I'm thinking I may ask him/her to do my centerpieces too.  I'm starting to have meetings with florists this week, but I have absolutely no inspiration pics to show.  I honestly have no idea what I want (except for the fact that I don't want to spend a ton of money on them since most people won't even pay that much attention to them with everything else that will be going on at the wedding). 

Does anyone have ideas of where I could get some inspiration pics?  I've already looked at the usually wedding sites, magazines, etc.  But nothing has "struck" me.  I'm not saying I want something totally unique, especially since I don't want to spend a lot of money, I just don't want a generic flower centerpiece that you might see in the middle of a table at your grandmother's house on Easter?  My wedding's in the summer, if that helps at all...

Maybe I'm not making any sense... I just need some general centerpiece advice.  Please??
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Clueless about centerpieces...

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You don't HAVE to give the florist pictures, you know. You can just tell the florist what look you're going for and let him/her suggest things to you.

I wasn't even sure we could afford floral CPs, so I went into the florist with no ideas whatsoever. He let me look through a photo album of his previous work before we talked about what I wanted to spend on the whole package. He asked what I wanted for bouquets and boutonnieres (I had inspiration pics for those because I wanted specific things). I didn't know what I wanted for family flowers other than that they be white and not roses, so he suggested orchids and I agreed.

Then he asked what I wanted for CPs and I said, "I can only afford maybe $x per table, so can you even do anything for that?" He suggested an idea based on my wedding colors and my other flower choices, so I said it sounds good and asked him to write it into our order. Boom, done.

So let your florist do some legwork for you! That's part of what you're paying them for :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the advice!  I hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you wind up spending per centerpiece and which florist did you wind up using?  If you'd rather not share your budget, I totally understand!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The below centerpiece for $45-$55 depending how big you want it and how many flowers they put in it, ask for Nathan or Oscar, they are great!

http://www.avenueflowerspc.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards