New Jersey

What's the hot favor right now?

Im helping a friend plan her July wedding- are the hot favors  food related- olive oil, etc or still the picture booths? Im thinking they are on their way out and my friend is def. not doing that...

Re: What's the hot favor right now?

• NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking coffee, jams, honey etc...any food type item that isn't the typical sweet is becoming more popular now.
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-hot-favor-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:600e2c34-e785-43e1-8ec5-1877110d69ebPost:7ad107d0-37a2-485a-9cdb-2fa6d72ddee1">Re: What's the hot favor right now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking coffee, jams, honey etc...any food type item that isn't the typical sweet is becoming more popular now.
    Posted by NJhousewife22[/QUOTE]

<div>Definitely food. Something practical without too much personalization. We are doing tea bag cozies with cookies (Homemade)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I am having a photo booth. I hear they are so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are doing food favors as well. Cookies from FI's country. My rule for any party we do is that the favor has to be either something edible or something useful, like a bottle opener, coasters, etc. We are also doing the photo booth (were doing a DIY booth).
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a donation and Hershey Kisses...I think anything edible is always best.
  • jennc82512jennc82512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were doing a donation as well as a candy bar..edible is def. the way to go!
    202 Invitedimage 137 Ready to Party!!!image 65 don't know how to have fun! image RSVP Date August 4th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stick with food, but maybe go away from the traditional chocolate.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! My husband and I did hand sanitizer sprays that said "Here's to your Health," and pens, everyone loved the usefulness.
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing a donation to the American Cancer Society as well as some kind of candy (probably hershey kisses) - the cause is important to both of us and they provide a scroll with the donation (www.thehopeshop.org for anyone that wants more information)

• edited December 2011
    We are brewing and bottling our own Chocolate Stout.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photobooth is our favor we got each guest a magnetic photo frame (pictured in my planning bio) we will include a note of some sort in the frame
  • edited December 2011
    I think we've decided that an Italian themed spoon rest with a personalized tag will be our favor.
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-hot-favor-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:600e2c34-e785-43e1-8ec5-1877110d69ebPost:d26dd57e-fb4b-470c-877a-f367857d8f72">Re: What's the hot favor right now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are brewing and bottling our own Chocolate Stout.
    Posted by Drumski[/QUOTE]

This is a cool idea!  How does one go about doing this??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the photobooth and candy buffet.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did the LOVE DOVE, I noticed many people have them up on display in their home, and it's pretty usefull too.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51IhK6hf-EL.jpg
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing lindt chocolates and a candy buffet 

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011

We're thinking about a candy bar as well. Anyone have a tips or websites to check out...not sure how to go about it all. TIA!

• popek2popek2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    donations, donations, donations!
  • edited December 2011
    We did a flavored olive oil and balsamic vinegar combo set
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-hot-favor-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:600e2c34-e785-43e1-8ec5-1877110d69ebPost:65c339ea-3c71-4af8-b149-8c58276ea462">Re: What's the hot favor right now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our photobooth is our favor we got each guest a magnetic photo frame (pictured in my planning bio) we will include a note of some sort in the frame
    Posted by shoebie420[/QUOTE]
    This is what I want to do too! And we're on the same date.<div>Are you getting your frames from the photo booth company or ordering them separately?  I think it seems like I can find them cheaper online than through the company.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards