New Jersey
Options

My Concern with the 2 venues

-Has anyone been to a wedding at the Il Villaggio?  Because I am wondering about the flow of the cocktail hour. I am afraid my guests would be milling around the  lobby by the front door and the hallway.   I hope someone has some insight on that.   I am having about 150-180 I am not sure if there is enough space for all the guests to have a spot within the two spaces they hold the cocktail hour.

Yusi19:  Good luck with your wedding.  The ballroom is so nice.  I heard the food is great.  How many people are you having?  Maybe you have some insight on my concern above. 

-My concerns with the Il Tulipano is that they do not allow a food tasting until after you book so I am not sure about the food.  Also does anyone think the Il Tulipano is to big for 150-180 people.

Re: My Concern with the 2 venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at il Tul at the end of August and having about 150 people no more. We didn't think it was too big at all, I think it was nicely laid out that people weren't on top of each other. I found that a lot of places were like that, more so the cocktail hour, so we liked it was open and big.

We had the SAME hesitation about the food tasting at il tulipano, we had JUST missed the food tasting by a week when we booked. Everyone that I had talked to raved reviewed it, and my sister had gone to a wedding and raved about the food, we were more at ease, but we ended up checking out Raw their steak house, and it was amazing food so we felt good about booking. I think the next tasting is in June, which totally stinks, and I can see that being a downfall. I looked at a few places that were like that though, it's very common for the reception places to do only a few tasting, and no private tasting. When my sister got married 6years ago, almost every place she looked offered her a private tasting! That's hard to find nowadays!

Let me know if you have any more questions about il Tul.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ann, I hadnt thought about your point until now. We are having around 150-170 people..There is the cocktail room plus the lobby bar which also has tables, did you see that?

Honestly, I'm not concerned with it. I've been to plenty of weddings where the cocktail hour doesnt sit ALL the guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The food at Il Tulipano is great, that is what drew us to the place having a large Italian wedding.  We know many people that got married there and continue to have parties there, kids bday, christenings,etc.

I don't think they make you book to have a tasting, but, they only have a few a year, so timing may be off for you.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ann I sent you an e-mail about Il Villaggio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Rosanna! I'm almost there! I cant wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know several people who had occasions/weddings at IL Tulipano and you have NOTHING to worry about concerning the food. It is regarded as one of the best; authentic Italian cooking and LOTS of it. As for the 150-180 guest list, the main ballroom and upstairs cocktail room are very spacious and open. But if you are having a spring/summer wedding, the piazza for the cocktail hour is very nice. But if it should rain, your guests will need to come into the first floor area which may be tight for 180 people.The upstairs room could be set up in this scenario but then your guests will be spread apart between two floors for the cocktail hour, which you may not want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you think the Il Tulipano main ballroom is to big for 150 people.  I would hate for my room to look empty.  I think i might go eat at the owners restaurant Rare to get some idea of the food.
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The main ballroom is the perfect size for 150 people! And again, everyone I know raves about their food. My only issue was having the cocktail hour separated between two floors if we could not use the piazza due to rain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards