New Jersey
Options

Magic Moments DJ

Did anyone use Magic Moments?  I'm considering them for DJ services and uplighting.  Did you have a good, bad, OK experience?  Thanks!

Re: Magic Moments DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak from experience yet (wedding is next Saturday), but working with them so far has been excellent.  They really worked with our budget and everyone we have spoken/met with has been very friendly and accomodating.  A close friend used them for her wedding a few years ago and she was very pleased with the service.  Her recommendation led us to them.

~Emily
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are crooks because they had quoted us one amount when we met with them not even a full year ago for LED then said sorry the 2010 prices are now this - I believe they should honor their original quote we have in writing.
    We have alerted our venue who will speak to them should we decide to go with the uplighting.  I just found them very unprofessional for not being accomodating especially since the lighting is already set up in my room, all they need to do is send someone to be the engineer that day.
    I would not have let them be our dj since we hadn't seen them before nor found any review.
    We went with a local dj that we have been to a few affairs with and confident in our choice.
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using them for our wedding in June. We booked them from my BIL's wedding because they did a great job. They weren't cheap but I thought for what you get and the fact that they are willing to negotiate they were great. They've been wonderful to deal with so far.

And Lola Minnie, a quote is just that a quote. It's not binding and if you didn't book right when you got that, they are well within their rights to change their prices.

Edit: Also, I belive they are the sole DJ and lighting company for the Venetian. I doubt the Venetian would have allowed a so so company to be their only provider for lighting and sound.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_magic-moments-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:60b3456e-3e3c-4b6f-82ee-fbb49928f605Post:fd52a72b-867e-4e58-ade9-c1cb0b5f647d">Re: Magic Moments DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE] And Lola Minnie, a quote is just that a quote. It's not binding and if you didn't book right when you got that, they are well within their rights to change their prices. Posted by Pink7781[/QUOTE]

I never said it was binding nor illegal.  I work in insurance where I do offer quotes and aware they can change their price but I think it's sleazy without any warrant - it would have made sense if they told us to lock in those prices but it wasn't mentioned.

Their company turned us off and I know they turned off the Venetian because we had spoken to one of the owners who said that Magic Moments has been going around offering quotes then raising it since they know they can get higher and will take care of this for us should we go with the lighting.  We're not the first case this happened.

Believe me, it's the Venetian's reputation on the line so they will accomodate their brides & grooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And furthermore, Pink, those prices are quite inflated since the lights are already in the room! Charging an increase over 30% for someone to stand there to operate them is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards