New Jersey
Options

Veils

Hey!

I had my first dress fitting and I tried on a lot of veils.  My favorite was one that came a little longer than my elbow, with two layers, and crystals on the edges.  I'm debating on when to wear my veil.  Is everyone wearing a blusher walking down the isle?  When are you taking off your veil ?

Re: Veils

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a blusher. Pretty, but not my style.

I knew I definitely wanted to keep my veil on for the photos we took at a park before we got to the reception, and also for our first dance and for the dance with my dad.

After that I figured I'd play it by ear. I think I took it off either right before or after I ate my dinner, I forget exactly when.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a blusher. I knew it would bother me. I did however wear my cathedral length veil all night and I'm SO glad I did. I had a way to make it shorter and I was very comfortable. I just loved how it looked but I know wearing it all night isn't for everyone. Some people wear it until the reception really gets started (aka after the big first dancse and whatnot and when the music starts rockin) others take it off before they are even announced into the reception. Its about your personal choice and what your are comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a two tier veil and I will use one layer as a blusher while my dad is walking me down the aisle, he will lift the veil for me when he gives me away to FI.....I plan on wearing it all night unless it gets annoying, it's elbow length so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a cathedral veil and it comes with a blusher, I just haven't decided if I'm going to wear it or not. My mom really likes it, but I'm not too sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.. I think Im going to wear the blusher down the isle then my dad could lift it up.  I would like to wear it during the 1st dance and the father/faughter dance.  When I had my fitting and I tried on veils, I didn't find a comb/tiara thing I liked.  I'm going to wear my hair in a low bun, and all the bling bling I tried on was facing down ( if you can picture this lol)... what kind of hair piece are you using? 
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wound up buying a barrette off eBay. I also tried a comb from Etsy.com that was pretty but just didn't work out for me, so now I'm trying to sell it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a vintage style headband.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on wearing a mantilla veil which normally don't come with a blusher. A blusher really isn't my style. I am planning on wearing it until after the father/daughter dance. I know I'm the type that will loose it or someone will accidentally pull it off. :) I am not wearing a barrette or anything once it comes out. I am actually going to wear a flower next to the updo. All my BM are wearing a flower somewhere in their hair so I thought it would be nice to do something similar.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a cathedral Mantila veil that is coming off right after church- I am wearing a flower/crystal barrette for reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a blusher...and I took my veil off when I got to the reception venue, before cocktail hour.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards