New Jersey

Bridal salon

Can someone recommend a bridal salon?

Re: Bridal salon

• Where? What type/styles of dresses? Which designers do you like? What is your price range?
    Are you in North, South, or Central NJ? How far do you want to travel?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • North any type of dress

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:630fbffe-2b74-4445-befc-4377432a0f53Post:d889a717-af2e-40ab-8fa9-1439437713e6">Re: Bridal salon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where? What type/styles of dresses? Which designers do you like? What is your price range? Are you in North, South, or Central NJ? How far do you want to travel?
    Posted by gelaine22[/QUOTE]
  • North any type of dress

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:630fbffe-2b74-4445-befc-4377432a0f53Post:d889a717-af2e-40ab-8fa9-1439437713e6">Re: Bridal salon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where? What type/styles of dresses? Which designers do you like? What is your price range? Are you in North, South, or Central NJ? How far do you want to travel?
  • I went to Bijou Bridal in Paramus. They have a lot of beaded dresses if that is your style. Personally, it was not for me. They are right near Garden State Plaza.-

Try Jaehee in Englewood. I got my dress from there. They carry a LOT of designers. They also worked with me on pricing (I got the absolute best price on my dress there!)

I also went to La Belle in Jersey City and worked with Virginia who was very nice.

Castle Couture in Marlboro, NJ (more central) has a huge selection and may be worth you coming down to check out.

Elizabeth Johns in Morristown had great customer service but not a huge selection.

I never tried Park Avenue or Hollywood or some of the others in north NJ.

I went to Kleinfelds in NYC and had the worst customer service experience ever.

RK bridal in the city has a huge selection but it can be frustrating. Wedding Atelier in the city had a decent selection and they were very nice also. Also, you can try Lovely Bride in NYC. I also went to Pronovias in the city. Be forewarned that Pronovias dresses take about 6 months and then alterations are supposed to take 2-3 months and if I remember correctly your wedding is in July?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The bridal salons that I had good experiences with were Hollywood Bridal, Russell's Bridal, East West Bridal, and Helen Bohn Bridal.  Hollywood Bridal had a smaller selection, but the dresses they do have are nice.

• I also bought my dress at Jaehee Bridal (Englewood, NJ). They carried the designer I liked, and had a fairly large selction of dresses (Rivini). The price was the same as other ateliers that carry Rivini, but they also have trunk shows for various designers at random times.

Their customer service was very good, and I had a nice experience there. My dress should be arriving sometime early in the new year (should take about 6 months)

I also went to Something Special in Wyckoff, NJ.  They were also helpful, but I did not find "the one" for me there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:630fbffe-2b74-4445-befc-4377432a0f53Post:9fd23c56-9051-4a14-8319-a595d6629183">Re: Bridal salon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Bijou Bridal in Paramus. They have a lot of beaded dresses if that is your style. Personally, it was not for me. They are right near Garden State Plaza.- Try Jaehee in Englewood. I got my dress from there. They carry a LOT of designers. They also worked with me on pricing (I got the absolute best price on my dress there!) I also went to La Belle in Jersey City and worked with Virginia who was very nice. <strong>Castle Couture in Marlboro, NJ (more central) has a huge selection and may be worth you coming down to check out.</strong> Elizabeth Johns in Morristown had great customer service but not a huge selection. I never tried Park Avenue or Hollywood or some of the others in north NJ. <strong>I went to Kleinfelds in NYC and had the worst customer service experience ever.</strong> RK bridal in the city has a huge selection but it can be frustrating. Wedding Atelier in the city had a decent selection and they were very nice also. Also, you can try Lovely Bride in NYC.<strong> I also went to Pronovias in the city. Be forewarned that Pronovias dresses take about 6 months and then alterations are supposed to take 2-3 months and if I remember correctly your wedding is in July?</strong>

<div>I got my dress at Castle Couture and highly recommend going there.  It was probably one of the best experiences I had in my whole dress shopping journey (I went to 11 shops, BTW).</div><div>
    </div><div>I also hated my Kleinfelds experience and basically left there in tears because the woman would not only help work within my budget, but bascially rushed us out of the store so she could work with someone willing to spend more on their dress.</div><div>
    </div><div>I went to Pronovias in the city, but prefered my experience at Castle Couture much better and wound up getting my Pronovias dress through them for significanly less. Also, be warned that the Pronovias store in NYC does not carry every dress on their website despite being the flagship store, so when you call ahead to make your appointment ask if they have specific styles you are interested in.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I wound up cancelling an appointment I had at Exquisite Bride in Millburn, but I hear that shop is quite an experience as well to check out.    </div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Macy's bridal in Wayne huge selection and very friendly women never rushed me at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards